Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 11:43 AM   #1
Sorcerer Alex

Do you think America will take these terrorist attacks so easily? Or do you think they plan on retaliation? I know that Europe is very angry about these hijacked planes and they're sick to death of taking the palastinians crap. What's your opinion on this?

------------------
http://go.to/alex-p Take a look at my site!

Old 09-11-2001, 11:46 AM   #2
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I really, really hope they don't. The cost would be too high - WWIII. And it hasn't been proven that it was Palestinia! I think that a war over this would only make things worse for us all.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-11-2001, 11:47 AM   #3
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

If it was just a small terrorist group .... no ..... If it was affiliated w/ a country ..... most likely ........ lets hope not
Old 09-11-2001, 11:48 AM   #4
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I really, really hope they don't. The cost would be too high - WWIII. And it hasn't been proven that it was Palestinia! I think that a war over this would only make things worse for us all.

Kaz is right no-one has been found guilty so lets not jump to blaming entire nations. Also if the attacks were by a terrorist organisation, using conventional military forces against them is not very effective, look at any conflict with terrorist vs. standing armies.

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 09-11-2001, 11:48 AM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

NO WAR!
It'll only make things worse.
But we can't just let the terrorists get away with this.
I can't really think clearly just now...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

This picture has nothing to do with the other part of my sig. It's just cool.

Old 09-11-2001, 11:49 AM   #6
Vampire

Errr who do you declare war on?
You know what happened at Oklohoma!
Old 09-11-2001, 12:25 PM   #7
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Declare war on who?

Calm down, people. Hysteria is not the answer.

It may be days, weeks, months, or even years before we can determine who is responsible.

As Avatar points out, after the Oklahoma City bombing everyone was quick to assume that it was the work of international terrorists. It turned out that Americans were responsible.

It is important to not overreact out of hysteria. One of the goals of terroism is precisely to sow internal confusion and hasty mistakes as a result. Don't let them win by losing your heads.

Old 09-11-2001, 12:28 PM   #8
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Declare war on who?

Calm down, people. Hysteria is not the answer.

It may be days, weeks, months, or even years before we can determine who is responsible.

As Avatar points out, after the Oklahoma City bombing everyone was quick to assume that it was the work of international terrorists. It turned out that Americans were responsible.

It is important to not overreact out of hysteria. One of the goals of terroism is precisely to sow internal confusion and hasty mistakes as a result. Don't let them win by losing your heads.

Thanks for backing me there. I know US citizens will be pretty distressed and mad for revenge. But let's calm down. It's very likely to be a Arab attack. Due to the organizationa and scale and suicidal methods. But nothing is certain. Extreme Anarchist, Anti-capitalist and Enviromentalists are all possible candidates.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:29 PM   #9
Blade
Emerald Dragon

It was said on the radio in the US that if the terrorist group was backed by a nation it would problbably lead to war. But dear god let us hope that doesn't happen.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 12:30 PM   #10
Vampire

Errr... what great excuse for Bush's war games.