Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-14-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
shadowspecter
The Magister

Can everyone that reads this help me out, I’m doing this survey in English class and I need to find out what do you think about America (U.S.A.). Give me all your opinions even if you don’t live in America (I don’t care if it’s a hate opinion). Please help me out. Thanks if you can.
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 11-14-2003, 02:33 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Great country run by bad people...
Old 11-14-2003, 03:03 PM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

A land of extremes, exaggeratings, good entertainment and like Jorath said: run by (b)(m)ad people...
Old 11-14-2003, 03:14 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I guess you could say I'm somewhat pampered by living here, but I personally say it is a bit over-rated. Freedom's great, but not enough people are responsible with the freedom they have.

P.S.

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Welcome to Ironworks!

[ 11-14-2003, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've lived in America all my life, so I guess I've got some things to say:

America has a sharp distinction between social classes; Upper class, middle class, and lower class. There are still many homeless people in the country. Some of the important political figures in the government don't really belong where they are: Arnold Shwartz in California. There are others which deserve their job, however, like Colin Powell. In America, if you have plenty money, you can do just about anything. Some things, like minimum wage, help make the country a bit fair. However, minimum wage is still pretty low. People hire illegal immigrants to work around their house to try to save some money. If they don't hire them, then the job probably wouldn't get done by anyone else. But it's also unfair that these illegal immigrants often get paid very low.
Statistics prove that a woman with an equal education of a man will generally get paid less than the man, which is unfair. There is still discimination in the country, but not as much in suburban areas. That's just a little bit to say, I don't want to overflow this thread [img]smile.gif[/img] .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 11-14-2003, 03:29 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowspecter:
Give me all your opinions even if you don’t live in America (I don’t care if it’s a hate opinion).
Maybe your use of the word "hate" as an invitation was not meant to mean what it implies, as we cannot allow "hate" posts about any country on here, in accordance to this TOS rule:

Be Polite: No targeting of another user by harassing or giving unwarranted attention to or attacking ones race, gender, ethnicity or country. Also, respect each person's views and questions--this includes attacks on NEW users.

I think everybody already knows this, but since you are new, I wanted to make sure that you understood what limits people have in regards to the rules set down by the Administrator. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well i can`t say much becuase i don`t live there but i have to agree with Zuvio.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:11 PM   #8
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

america...well...most of the people in it dont want to take personal responsibility - anything that ever happens is not their fault and so they refuse to accept the consequences. ie you dont teach your kids morals, they act immorally, and you blame some random thing such as tv, video games or whatnot as the reason why theyre like that.

i wish i was born in japan -p
Old 11-14-2003, 05:25 PM   #9
Azimaith
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Thats a good way to describe many countries.

America is kinda of misleading, how about US, its not like theres no south american countries or canada.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 11-14-2003, 06:16 PM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Azimaith:
quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Thats a good way to describe many countries.

America is kinda of misleading, how about US, its not like theres no south american countries or canada.
[/QUOTE]yes... it can be used to describe many countries, but I'm using it to describe the USA... so whats your point? Should I have given him my opinion on every country in the world?

Also you should read the first post again...

Quote:
...out what do you think about America (U.S.A.).
I think he was asking about the U.S.A and the last time I checked thats was the United States of America and it's not like that is South America... or Canada...