Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2001, 10:03 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I have always had doomsday type dreams, but seems lately they have increased. I figure it is from watching the news, and seeing our bombings, and kinda putting myself in the place of those living in Afghanistan mentally, and what it must be like for them. (Imagine looking out of your bedroom window at night and seeing bombs being dropped from the sky). Also thinking about all these increasing anthrax incidences lately. My dreams are a bit fantasy-type and off from real life scenarios, but still convey my fears of real life apprehensions. I dreamed last night of being in a town in terror, and listening to a radio station about a town a few miles away IN FLAMES and desparetly trying to dial in a TV station to see what was happening. Then things got blurry, and eventually I found myself on a small plane, don't know where we were going, just escaping I guess. And, this is the strange part (and please don't take this to heart Moridin), I'm on this plane and Moridin is there, and he gives up, he sees no future for humans, this is the end, etc., and literally jumps from the plane. To say I was freaking out is an understatement, as I have always liked Moridin, and the fact that he was in my dream says as much. Anyway, again, I don't like these dreams, and I feel they are from my worry and apprehension re this "war" we have going on right now. And I also feel that I cannot possibly be the only one who is feeling the same way as I.

Also, yesterday morning, went out to my car to go to work. Well I forgot to lock my car doors apparently. My driver door was kind of ajar. I remembered the night before, late at night, I had to move my car to take the trash out to the street, but still found it odd that I wouldn't shut the door completely. Most likely I was distracted, and did not shut the door all the way. But now, because of all this crap on the news re anthrax, and "We must be on alert for the next few days cause attacks are expected", I guess I got paranoid. Started thinking would if someone got into my car, and dusted my car steering wheel with anthrax, and didn't shut the car door all the way cause it would have made a sound, alerting possible someones in the neighborhood to look. Never would I EVER think this kind of paranoid type of thinking, but now, even though in my intelligent mind I try to fight these thoughts, there is always a primal base inside you that is like a personal defense mechanism, that will always worry for you. If that makes sense.

I just hope that things slow down soon, and that these anthrax incidences do not increase. I have a little flag on my car antenna, and now I am wondering if I would be now seen as a "target" for singular terrorists, simply because I have the flag, which says "I Am WITH America". But even though I am worried, I refuse to take the flag down from my car antenna, I just will not...

------------------
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 10:43 PM   #2
G'kar

Stay strong Lady Zekke! I'm with ya! Stand by your principles and know that many are facing their own fears and anxieties in these trying times. This to shall pass...
Old 10-12-2001, 10:59 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah, I think many of us share your fears - even those of us who are not American. We are expecting the UK to be targetted, and I have some experince of being bombed. Not nice.
I'm not a flag-waving patriot myself (though I am patriotic) so never have flags anywhere, but I sort of understand your desire to keep it on your car. Its a matter of both pride and defiance. But, my dear ladyzekke, pride and defiance are not always best shown openly, imo. Keep safe, for your family.
(((((HUGS)))))

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 08:25 AM   #4
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

I had a dream last night where I was arguing with Yorick and Fljotsdale regarding what courses of action to take, and the fate of the world hung in the balance on the solution we came up with.
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 08:47 AM   #5
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
I had a dream last night where I was arguing with Yorick and Fljotsdale regarding what courses of action to take, and the fate of the world hung in the balance on the solution we came up with.
Oh gods, the worlds in a bit of trouble then. You three couldnt agree on almost ANYTHING

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
AzureWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 09:27 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

**hugs**

thats a long hug
well, I am sorry you are having nightmares, can you see a doctor? they may be able to help you, you know? but dont take pills, that is just my superstitious suggestion

also, I am kinda both glad and disappointed I wasn't in your dream. the disappointment comes from I am not loved by you and the gladness comes from, you know, I dont have to make the jump

actually, general discussion had some topics about dreams. and it explained that dreams are often symbolic than the apparent message. you have to be good at it in order to comprehend it. some of us here are quite good. seek them for explaination. then again, it is just another option presented to you.

it may not be a bad thing, just little inconveniant.

I truely wish you well and next time when you dont dream a plane, dream about me, OK?
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 10:59 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

*hugs* sis!!!

Well, this is one of the reasons the media are being told to use their footages wisely... It can really bring up some serious stuff.

On the war thing, media keeps on repeating it, so it is more of like a brainwash... it is like yes, you guys are patriots, but I think they must stop a bit... let the goverment handle it, because it can really have some disastrous long term effects that people don't want...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 03:59 PM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Oh gods, the worlds in a bit of trouble then. You three couldnt agree on almost ANYTHING

Oh, come ON Azure! That's not fair! I FREQUE... I OFTE... I SOMETIM...
uh.... I HAVE BEEN KNOWN to agree with Yorick! AND with Diogenes!

It's just, uh...... have we EVER, ALL THREE OF US, agreed about the same thing at the same time, though...?

That deserves a thread of its own....

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 04:15 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:

That deserves a thread of its own....

I do believe you're right Fljotsdale, *heads over to the Polls forum*

Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 11:16 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks G'Kar, I knew for some reason you would see where I was coming from

Diogenes, Oh man, that had to be one very scary dream LOL! So what happened? Did yall come up with a final unanimous decision, or did you just wake up in a panicy sweat?

Fljotsdale - We disagree on lots of other subjects, but not all subjects eh? I know that you have already experienced this type of thing, I haven't before, but in the end, we all are on the same page in many ways no matter who we are, or where we live, or what we have endured in the past. This Now affects us All, and I really want us All to rally together, and be there for eachother, as just fellow human beings, no matter what race or religion or citizenship we may happen to be.

TwoFiffee - Awww, well next time I will make it a point somehow to add you into my dreams, as some type of demon killing samarai warrior or something OK? As for seeing a doctor, well, I've always had very vivid active dreams, much are nightmares, but I feel it is a natural thing, my subconscious mind working out worries and troubles, that is what dreaming does. So in some ways, oddly enough, these dreams are a good thing. All a doctor would do anyways is prescribe sleeping pills, and no thankie on those, they get addictive from what I have read. I have a very good sleep cycle, need no alarm clock, as no matter when I go to bed, I will wake up exactly one hour before I need to get up. I then go back to sleep, and kinda wake up in 15 minute intervals until said leftover hour is up. Sleeping pills would only disrupt the precise inner clock I have in my head, plus, again, would only make me needy of said pills to sleep after time...

Bahamut - Hey bro!! How are you? Long time no communicate LOL! Thanks for the reassurances Ryan!

------------------
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote