Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2000, 12:29 AM   #1
Philip

WOW!

Old 10-14-2000, 10:35 AM   #2
Gideon

Everything on all my characters is Blessed and Enchanted to +12..Expensive, but hey anything is possible with money cheats! Here are some examples.

http://gid25.homestead.com/

The "Mutilator" +12 Katana does justice to its name...especially along with the Wakasahi Master +12 2nd Weapon equipped on my ZenMaster. And of Course my assasin has the "Celestial Butcher" KAtana along with his "Slash MAster +12" WAkasashi. With a +31 hit and speed of +24 that little bastard does some damage (with doublestrike he does around 50-60 damage twice per round b4 monsters can even react and hardly EVER misses). Don't EVEN get me started on the damge I did to Poor Erathsmador when My Assasin Backstabbed the Noble Beast. It was a grand battle. I stood head to head with the dragon and traded blow for blow.. BTW meteor Storm seemed to be the best one he was not Immune to.
I have a Mace "SkullCrush" +12 (not shown)that also does around 32 Damage equipped on my Elephant Valkyrie bitch.. She crushes some major balls!

Old 10-14-2000, 05:09 PM   #3
MrCreosote

Please explain how you got these enchantments. I just cant grasp how you got such fantastic weapons so please shrae with us excatly how you achieved this !! They are a sight to behold.

Old 10-14-2000, 10:17 PM   #4
Gideon

If you are going to di it you DEFINITELY HAVE to have a gold cheat! If you Bless skill is 12 then you can add 12 +Damage blessings (or 10 +damage and 2 +Hit blessings...its a good mix). I would recommend something like Cheat'omatic, Gametrainer, or Gamhack. Anything that searches for values in a game, you change the value, alt-tab, then serach again until it finds it. Then they allow you to change your amount of money and/or lock the values. Anyway heres how its done:
I used a Katana +1 for the main swords (i bought them at the Dojo guild). ALWAYS if you can start off with +1 weapons cause you get a +1 to Hit for free and can STILL add 12 blessings.
Note: You can only add a COMBINED total of 12 blessings and/or enchantments (if ya got the skill up to a max of 12!). In other words you could add 6 +Armor blessings at the temple then run over to the Wizard guild and add some enchantments (magic resistance etc.). But you could ONLY add 6 enchantments to the armor if it had already been blessed with 6 Armor blessings. It really should explain ALL this in the manual..the manual REALLY sux and no in game Spell descriptions is an unforgivable oversight as far as im concerned! Anyway heres how to do it:

Actually ENCHANT is pretty much only good for adding resistances to Armor and such. Never quite figured out how to use the charges I gave my weapons either! Any way what you want is BLESS in order to add Damage to weapons and +Armor to Armor. Your Warlock CAN join the preist Guild so that should not be a roblem. Simply give him the Bless/Cabalist skill and you are set! I think to add to +Hit or +Tough (which kinda sucks) you have to have a character that has Bless and Spirit
magic artifact spell (I use my priest to add +Hit)you can also bless some things with Regeneration. For +Armor you need a character with Bless and Cabilist (I think) that has the Stone Magic Artifact. For +Damage (the biggie!) you need a character with Bless that has the Fiend Artifact spell. So you NEED to get your Warlock into the Preist guild and get that Bless/Cabilist stuff.You Bless weapons and Armor at the Church/Temple in any town. Armor as far as I can tell goes by a multiplier. Leather boots for instance only has an AC or 0.60 so the multiplier is low and you would have to Bless it with +Armor several times in order to get it to an AC of 2.0. Plate Mail +1 you could bless 6 or 7 times and get it up to around an 8 AC. Whats cool is if you can find a Silver Ring (a simple non enchanted silver ring). I only found 2 of them in the game so far (I am doing the Brinlock Roon Quests). I think I bought one of them at the Blacksmiths somewhere and found one somewhere. MOST of the silver rings I found were those stinking "Rings
of Torture" that are cursed but if you come across
a simple non-enchanted silver ring KEEP IT! You can bless the Silver Rings with +12 armor and THE MULTIPLIER IS ONE! That means if your bless skill is 12 you can bless it to +12 and it will add 12 to your armor class! I also found a non-enchanted CUFF that I could do the same with. Only found opne cuff so far though All the rest were already enchanted and I could not add anymore enchantments . BTW +1 weapons, the Nightblade, and Dragon Plate ALL enchant with + Armor/Damage VERY well!

Old 10-14-2000, 11:26 PM   #5
MrCreosote

Thanks for your real comprehensive answer, maybe they should engage you to write their next manual ! We can add the crap manual to the list of failings, I do understand that DWB wants us to find out for ourselves and discover these things rather than have it all laid out in the manual but something like this needs a hint - I mean I have been pissing around with ENCHANT rather than BLESS, and assumed that because the enchant skills gave spells then the bless ones would also. This info is REALLY useful and maybe you could send it to some of the online websites to add to their hints and tips sections. I'm in the Brinloch area and will continue my game but I am starting a new game with single character to "play around" and will use your ideas to bless my stuff and just hex edit to give the required gold. Ive been playing with 2 characters on hard and its been too easy after the first few hours which were real tough, I mean easy in the sense of killing rather than puzzle solving.
Despite its many many failings it is a good game, I especially like the character development, and have been sorely tempted to zap myself the 4 books and get an early Zenmaster but so far have managed to hold back.

Cheers
Joe

Old 10-15-2000, 02:42 AM   #6
Gideon

BTW, check out the Armor class on my characters in those screenshots (Armor class is to the right of each character portrait) to get an idea of what some good enchanted armor can do for you.

Old 10-19-2000, 09:03 AM   #7
Baff

Battle Mace +2, enchanted with +12 damage (requires 14 enchant skill) gives damage of 19-70, best I have seen so far. Sword of Argus and Robinsword are best for swords.

Baff

Old 10-19-2000, 11:21 AM   #8
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

14 enchant skill? I thought you could only get 12, can you explain how this works?

70 damage, now thats a can of whoopass! Cool!

Scronan
Old 10-19-2000, 09:27 PM   #9
Baff

My Zen Master was able to get Enlightenment when he reached level 18, which gives +2 to all skills. I am assuming it was getting to level 18 that gave him access to Enlightenment, as not much else had changed.