Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #41
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
You ALL need to get your ass over to Biowares NWN2 forum (Obsidian) and let them KNOW you want it (if you want it) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am SO PISSED OFF. First, no mounts. Second, no Portraits. NOW FOLKS, NO DM CLIENT!!

Whats next, no damn MONSTERS? And not to mention their GUI looks like a child drew it. God, NWN2 is looking more and more like shit. Obsidian is going to kill this. Don't developers GET IT anymore? Its like they WANT to fail.

Sorry for the bloody rant, but god, what the hell...

Just a heads up. If NWN2 doesn't have a DM client, do not expect ANY Support here for it. No forum for it, nothing. I will have nothing to do with it.

I will simply continue to release new content for NWN1, and my Mod, Escape from Undermountain. NWN2 will die, and NWN1 will keep on growing.
Pretty funny. Because NWN sold 3 million copies and had, at peak participation, 15,000 participants on line. People that want to play on-line go to MMORPGs. People that want a nice single-player campaign buy things like KOTOR & NWN. And with insignificant exceptions, it's just the way it is. At one-half of one-percent, your absence won't even be noticed.

As for Obsidian, I kind of feel sorry for them. First LucasArts forces them to push a game out the door before it's ready (and made them change the ending at the last second to the travesty ending we had). Now Atari, with it's massive financial crunch, cut development funds and forced the game out before they were done with it.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:07 AM   #42
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm another little tidbit from the above article that would effect many ports over from NWN to NWN2

Quote:
Due to the way the new walk mesh works modules of the size (area wise) of classic NWN may not be possible, a possible issue for PW's

Largest, walkable exterior area is 320m x 320m
Old 06-14-2006, 01:32 AM   #43
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by DraconisRex:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
You ALL need to get your ass over to Biowares NWN2 forum (Obsidian) and let them KNOW you want it (if you want it) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am SO PISSED OFF. First, no mounts. Second, no Portraits. NOW FOLKS, NO DM CLIENT!!

Whats next, no damn MONSTERS? And not to mention their GUI looks like a child drew it. God, NWN2 is looking more and more like shit. Obsidian is going to kill this. Don't developers GET IT anymore? Its like they WANT to fail.

Sorry for the bloody rant, but god, what the hell...

Just a heads up. If NWN2 doesn't have a DM client, do not expect ANY Support here for it. No forum for it, nothing. I will have nothing to do with it.

I will simply continue to release new content for NWN1, and my Mod, Escape from Undermountain. NWN2 will die, and NWN1 will keep on growing.
Pretty funny. Because NWN sold 3 million copies and had, at peak participation, 15,000 participants on line. People that want to play on-line go to MMORPGs. People that want a nice single-player campaign buy things like KOTOR & NWN. And with insignificant exceptions, it's just the way it is. At one-half of one-percent, your absence won't even be noticed.

As for Obsidian, I kind of feel sorry for them. First LucasArts forces them to push a game out the door before it's ready (and made them change the ending at the last second to the travesty ending we had). Now Atari, with it's massive financial crunch, cut development funds and forced the game out before they were done with it.
[/QUOTE]Well, us "insignificant" folks are who have been keeping NWN1 alive for the last FOUR YEARS. And Bioware continued to support, and add MANY new features for MP ONLY, and PW.

Insignificant? Nope. The loser at the head of Obsidian said "Oh, it'll be NWN1, but better" How is stripping out stuff that WAS IN NWN1 better?

I don't blame Atari much. The development cycle time has been normal for NWN2.
But I promise you, Atari AND Obsidian will be history within 4 months of release of NWN2. watch.

(This happened to Thief: DA as well--another incompetent company called Ion Storm. lol)

Always blaming the publisher.. In some cases, you can, but Obsidian is NOT without blame. Not by a longshot.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:51 AM   #44
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Funny, I don't feel very insignificant. Although I do feel kind of overlooked. I know I don't affect what the majority of people will buy this game for, but my sole purpose in having it will be online play. I don't play any SP games anymore. EQ, or WoW have no charm, for me. I don't want to pay to play games I already bought. "But you're not paying to play, you're paying for new content." I've heard that argument so many times, take a look over at the vault, or at the .hak that Z just released. There's so much content that I don't even want to think about having it all, for one thing, I don't have enough harddrive space, currently. Now I wonder if that much content has been released for any MMO, w/out an actual expansion you had to go buy? Nope, not quite, probably not even close. As someone who is involved in the building process, I can tell you the ultimate reward for hours upon of hours of building/testing is seeing that your server has 3 or 4 players in it all the time. Especially when it isn't the same 3 or 4 players all the time. *Although, that's a pretty good feeling too.* Was all this content created for, or released for SP? No, all for online play, at least for now. If you look at 12am, or 12pm, you're going to find people online playing, and while the one half of one percent number may hold for people on at that time, it's not such an insignificant number that Custom Content Creators just threw in the towel. How much CEP content is actually useable in the OC? Any of them? None, if you don't add it to the modules. This statistic, like any other, is worthless. How many of those sales are due to people who play in a PW telling their buddies about it, or people like me, that play online, just not in PW's? Hard to estimate, given the numbers that you use to show our insignificance.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #45
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I have come to the conclusion that we'll only truly know what this game is about when it is released and the gaming community has a month's worth of experience that we can make any definite conclusions about NWN2.

of course people like Z and others that have put tremendous amounts of time in NWN1's tool set can tell us more readily about the quality and any issues due to their experience.

The more I read the more I'd prefer a December release.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #46
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Between the DM Client, and the walk mesh issues that are all the flurry over there now, next spring might have been better, with a "hey, look, we got it all done, and done right early" release being all good for me.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #47
Albromor
Mephistopheles

[QUOTE]Originally posted by robertthebard:
Between the DM Client, and the walk mesh issues that are all the flurry over there now, next spring might have been better, with a "hey, look, we got it all done, and done right early" release being all good for me. [/QUOTE

Am in full agreement. As much as I really want an RPG -- it seems like we've been in a wasteland; Oblivion doesn't interest me -- I want something done right rather than having it now.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:20 PM   #48
SHO-VA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

in my little mind, D&D is a multiplayer game. NWN came the closest ever to combining PnP, with the on-line greatness. Untill NWN, every D&D titled comp game was solo-play. With what looks to be a more solo-play focus for NWn2, it seems more a huge step back, rather than a step forward. Better graffix, and an improved toolset, dont translate to better game, if the other great features of NWn dont make it in. It is just what it has, great graffix, and a improved toolset, that doesnt get very far.

On a side note, I have always enjoyed the D&D titled solo-play games. baulders gate1,2 the icewind dales. but NWN blew them all away with the multi-play features.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #49
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, I have to agree. When we could get a large group together for some in the server action, it was like the old days, everybody gathered in the living room/dining room, depending on whose house, only I didn't have a big mess to clean up that night, or the next day. I've said this before, but it bears repeating, I've met plenty of great people through NWN's. I've got people that I count amongst my friends, scattered all over the world, that I could bump into on the street, and never know it was them. I'm not interested overmuch in SP games.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:53 AM   #50
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

This is a freaking joke:

---
. Will the needed data from the online module on the client (height maps, texture maps, walkmeshes, etc) be transferred through NWN2 as a player logs in to a server, or will this data require a separate download?

ANSWER:
J.E. Sawyer believed that the data would be transferred on load of the module, but couldn’t answer definitively without a programmer.
----

So the leader of the development has no clue about a serious issue like this? My god...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote