Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-02-2003, 08:27 AM   #1
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Hallo, Who do you think is the best overall mage for SOA? I currently have Aerie and Nalia in my party but am always looking to upgrade. I'm looking for a neutral or good NPC mage to complement my " Butt kicking for goodness party" any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:31 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

The best Mage is always a Mage you make yourself.

Anyway, the most powerful NPC-Mage is by far Edwin. But as he is evil, I assume you won't take him along. After him, the best Mage would be Aerie.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

The best Mage in the game is Edwin, by far.
Edwin overshadows every other Mage NPC by so much it's not even funny.

Unfortunately, Edwin's alignment is Lawful Evil - and as such, won't be exactly the ideal choice for your "butt kicking for godness" party.

Nalia and Aerie are a strong combo together. If you're looking for even more magery in your party, go and save Imoen! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Until you do so, Jan is your other choice.
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:40 AM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

The only downside to edwin, is his amulet ( i know, sounds weird )
It gives you 2 extra spell-slots per lvl .. BUT .. when casting PI, the amulet is re-equipped, meaning that when Edwin casts PI, his PI will have 2 less spells per lvl than the real edwin.

I have never found any logic in which spellslots disappear, its not the lsat two spellsots i believe .. might just be random.
Anywayz, its pretty annoying
Plus the fact that Edwin cant wear the amulet of power, so any self-made PC, would allways out-cast edwin at higher lvls
Old 01-02-2003, 08:41 AM   #5
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

They're not mages, but Kelsey and Tashia are sorcs of good alignment that can compliment your party nicely. You can find them here
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:42 AM   #6
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Thanks all I was trying to avoid Edwin however he can't be any more annoying than Aerie's whining. I'll stick with what i have for now.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:39 AM   #7
drewal
Drow Warrior

You should get the Kelsey MOD it is quite well done, and will allow you the experience of having a sorcerer in your party.

You can download it here:

http://www.forgottenwars.net/kelsey/
Old 01-02-2003, 09:21 PM   #8
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have tashia and I played the game twice with her. the first time I got to the point where she asks about baalspawn and she ALWAYS left no matter what I say. the second time she didnt, but i gave all the same answers... is this based on char or something ? i don't remember if they were different though. cool mod anyway (when she doesnt leave). PS I think Nalia is heaps better than Aerie if you want a Mage, she levels way faster. Aerie is a good all-rounder though and she does eventually get the higher levels.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:20 PM   #9
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
I have tashia and I played the game twice with her. the first time I got to the point where she asks about baalspawn and she ALWAYS left no matter what I say. the second time she didnt, but i gave all the same answers... is this based on char or something ?
It's based on reputation.