Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 08:10 PM   #61
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:

WoW, Cloudsylph, I cannot believe how this thread degenerated. Now I understand why you felt frusterated.....there is no pupose in responding to responses of a response.....as your official remote relaxation consultant, I recommend NOT replying. I see stuff all the time that makes me have to remember to pick up my chin and shut mouth.....and I simply do not respond to most of it.....lack of time and patience, + the textbook defn. of insanity from the D.S.M., V.III (issue in use when I had abnormal psych waaaaayyy back when)
....insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results......
let me run into this phone booth over here...*rustle, rustle*
TA-DAA! it's Captain Cliche, here to save the day! TA-DAA!
..Don't try to teach swine how to sing. It annoys the swine and wastes your time.......You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink(unless you cut off it's head and shove a hose down it's neck).....you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear...if you can't say anything nice about a poster, say nothing at all....oops, Captian Cliche just slipped and hurt his head, he's going to go lurk and get some nyquil to get rid of this darn cold.....

How this post is different from what Fljotsdale was given a good bashing for doing is beyond me! To make comments about a third party under cover of ostensibly having an 'innocent' conversation is just as snide as if you make your comments to the person/people they are addressed to.

Regarding 'seeing stuff all the time'... so do we all, J.J.

And we all think we're right. No difference there, none whatsoever..........

And as for criticising Dio's tone - I truly cannot really see where yours comes over as being any better, here above. At least he says what he says straight down the line at the person or post it's directed at!

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 08:39 PM   #62
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
How this post is different from what Fljotsdale was given a good bashing for doing is beyond me! To make comments about a third party under cover of ostensibly having an 'innocent' conversation is just as snide as if you make your comments to the person/people they are addressed to.

Regarding 'seeing stuff all the time'... so do we all, J.J.

And we all think we're right. No difference there, none whatsoever..........

And as for criticising Dio's tone - I truly cannot really see where yours comes over as being any better, here above. At least he says what he says straight down the line at the person or post it's directed at!

if what i was saying was only taken as meant.... sc, did not say it was dio, was not speaking of him. spoke in 3rd person, 'cause i meant it. pls go back and re-read the beginning of this thread. his first post, as a matter of fact. i am not afraid to apply my point with a fence post when necessary, little silver kitty, but if you read the first five posts, then read the last five above my reply to cloudy - i am sure you can tell the difference in tone. why bother throwing gunpowder on the fireworks fire?

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:57 PM   #63
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
if what i was saying was only taken as meant.... sc, did not say it was dio, was not speaking of him. spoke in 3rd person, 'cause i meant it. pls go back and re-read the beginning of this thread. his first post, as a matter of fact. i am not afraid to apply my point with a fence post when necessary, little silver kitty, but if you read the first five posts, then read the last five above my reply to cloudy - i am sure you can tell the difference in tone. why bother throwing gunpowder on the fireworks fire?

Seemed to me that Dio and Cloudy both got more and more pissed off with each other (haven't reread thread, just going by what I remember.....). Personally, I thought both were overreacting, if you want my truth. (Easy for me to say, of course, not being involved...... ) Dio offered to go onto email - which I thought was good of him, and very reasonable. What was wrong with the tone of that?

Bit puzzled - you say you're not tallking about Dio, and then go right on to reference the difference in tone of his last posts as compared with his first posts. Bizarre..........

Gosh, I'm just as obsessed as everyone else with how we're interacting. Very depressing. Hopefully this will stop soon, and we can go back to 'politely interacting' on the subject of the war.......

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 09:31 PM   #64
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Everything is okay here, people. Cloudy and I have indeed taken this to IM, and things are fine between us.

And yes, Cheetah, I think you were right. Both Cloudy and I were overreacting to what the other was saying.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:38 PM   #65
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Everything is okay here, people. Cloudy and I have indeed taken this to IM, and things are fine between us.

And yes, Cheetah, I think you were right. Both Cloudy and I were overreacting to what the other was saying.
Oh, great. So glad that all is well now.....

------------------

Old 10-23-2001, 09:48 PM   #66
Ziroc

Quote:
With all due respect, Yorick, you preaching about consideration and respect in communication made me laugh out loud. Does the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black" mean anything to you?

This is considered a personal attack Pumpkin dude, you need to watch (Even if VAGUE, it is still demeaning). I expect no further subtitle attacks. You seem to really have a problem with Yorick. You need to drop whatever feud you have with him. Now.

Thanks,

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-23-2001, 09:56 PM   #67
Ziroc

Quote:
What concerns me, Cloudy, is the posts where it has been implied by Ziroc himself, Sazerac, and some other members that this forum is going to soon get the axe.

I think the popularity of this forum, as evidenced by the sheer volume of posts in it, says a lot about how much some of us happen to want to keep it.

I would respectfully ask that those of you who do not approve of it, who continue to imply that it is nothing but a "toilet bowl" would have the basic courtesy to allow those of us who want to participate in it to be able to continue to do so.
Do NOT put word in my mouth. You said "Toilet bowl" not me..

As you are aware, this is a GAMING forum. And I ONLY added this forum to allow people to discuss what is going on in the War. I believe I have given everyone the chance to express their opinions, but after a while, it's rehashing, and degrades into attacks.

The messages will be archived, so please don't jump to conclusions. I'm so sick of that.

I don't plan to close this forum for a while, but if the atmosphere continues to get worse, this forum WILL be closed, and removed. period.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-23-2001, 09:59 PM   #68
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

This is considered a personal attack Pumpkin dude, you need to watch (Even if VAGUE, it is still demeaning). I expect no further subtitle attacks. You seem to really have a problem with Yorick. You need to drop whatever feud you have with him. Now.

Thanks,

If you will read the entire post, you should notice that I said I was guilty of the exact same things as he. For your information, I have no problem with Yorick.

Hmmm . . . so now even pointing out hypocrisy is a personal attack?

Just out of curiosity, who is going to suspend you for your personal attacks on Mark the other day?

You know, the ones that led him to quit this forum?

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 10:03 PM   #69
Ziroc

Quote:
Skywalker used that term because others have been using it, and not in the way you assume. Here is an example, taken from page 3 of the "international insults" thread:

Ziroc ! I have had a discussion last night with Clouddy and another with Yorick, and I'm starting to get real angry now. We are stalked by a few mongrels who snap at us and try to bully us for the sake of fighting. As far as I am concerned, no way this is going to happen in my IW !"
Please email me, and let me know who these people are so I can 'flag' their accounts to watch more closely. Thats what I have asked everyone to do. Like reporting terrorism, but instead, trolls.

Thanks!!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-23-2001, 10:09 PM   #70
Ziroc

Quote:
If you will read the entire post, you should notice that I said I was guilty of the exact same things as he. For your information, I have no problem with Yorick.

Hmmm . . . so now even pointing out hypocrisy is a personal attack?

Just out of curiosity, who is going to suspend you for your personal attacks on Mark the other day?

You know, the ones that led him to quit this forum?

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 10-23-2001).]

There is no room to argue here. Do what I say Pumpkin, or go elsewhere. those are your choices.

As YOU know, me and others misinterpreted his post, and I personally apologized to him.

Even if you include yourself, an attack is and attack.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Closed Thread