Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2001, 04:10 AM   #61
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Why is everyone wanting to leave because of this forum? ARGH! No one is gonna leave--no need too guys (See my post in Gen Con).

Saz, Yorick and others: Please stay here. If anyone else leaves, I am going to just dump Ironworks (Website AND forum) because it's not even worth it if I have no friends to talk with

This forum will be gone soon, it's just a temp forum. I will also be watching for any (Even vague) attacks on people. As I said in the forum desc: No personal attacks will be allowed.

Stay!!!
Ziroc ! I have had a discussion last night with Clouddy and another with Yorick, and I'm starting to get real angry now. We are stalked by a few mongrels who snap at us and try to bully us for the sake of fighting. As far as I am concerned, no way this is going to happen in my IW !

Oh, BTW, I know I haven't posted about your Mum, it's because I couldn't find any comforting words, but be sure she and you are in my thoughts.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Moiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 04:13 AM   #62
sylent
Emerald Dragon

G'day mate,

If everyone can be steriotyped according to the counrty they live in, or the clothes they wear or whatever, doesn't that mean that you yourself can be steriotyped...
and if you think about what steriotype people would assume you to be, do you fit it snugly?
I doubt it... so when you think about the generalisations (which Yorick so humorously pointed out ) which are made about other coutries (and there is one for about everything!) Remember that not everyone is the same.

I live in Australia, and sure there are bastards in Australia, but there are really nice people two... You just can't say things like "All afghanistani's are terrorists" (And please please don't take this personally... (I haven't been on this forum for about 2 months so I don't have a clue whats going on lately...)

Anyway... my voice is seldom heard, so I will expect either flames or ashes in response to my misguided, and utterly deluded sentiments...

Cheers,
Cya later Aligator...

------------------
"Watch your back"
sylent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 04:33 AM   #63
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Saz, Yorick and others: Please stay here. If anyone else leaves, I am going to just dump Ironworks (Website AND forum) because it's not even worth it if I have no friends to talk with

Stay!!!

O.K.

------------------
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 07:55 AM   #64
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Uh, I think many of you people didn't get what Ramon was trying to say ...

I'll try to rephrase it :

He said that it is important that we people that are so widedely different in culture and life experience and personal character DO keep talking about 'sensitive' matters like politics and religion, instead of refraining to post our mind for fear of hurting feelings. He said this is particularly important NOW because if we don't talk, misunderstandings will grow, and that may have disastrous consequences for the future of the world.

He said that one major cultural difference between the US and most of our Europeans countries is that religion is not here a politic basis as it is un the US. He didn't say or imply that this was good or bad - just that it is a major cultural difference. He said that, as a consequence, religion is NOT a private matter for you US people, as it is so strongly mixed with politics. He said that if we, both us European people and you US people, don't keep firmly in mind the awareness of this fundamental difference, then a discussion may end up in misunderstanding and angry feelings here, and ultimately in major political disagreement if such misunderstanding gets widely spread over the populations.

He ultimately said that the understatement of such cultural differences here on IW, and the subsequent flaming and hurt feelings, makes him feel very afraid that this may be only a reflection of the same in the whole world ... so that's why he got brave enough to dare post here instead of shutting up.

I will add that I share the same fears that he does, that reading his post I felt mostly ashamed of having until now taken the cowardly way of shutting up instead of posting my mind. I won't now. Shutting up I mean. Because I feel this is crucial, that communication keeps going on.

Great post, Moraine, this is also how I read Ramone's post.

Diogenes Of Pumpkintown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 07:59 AM   #65
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:

Yay, Dio, nice to have you back on the forum! Bizarre that you're now on the other side of the Pond! (Sorry for this minor slide off topic here...)

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Silver Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 08:51 AM   #66
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Good, I'm glad to see I'm not the only American who saw this. And I hope any who misunderstood will re-read his post and read our responses to it and understand how it was meant and will then feel better.

Glad you're back!
DragonMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 09:31 AM   #67
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Thanks, SC and DM. Though it will be awhile yet before I have time to fully get back in the swing of things here. I have a mountain of work accumulated on my desk. Ug. Oh well, I'll live I had thought I would actually read all the threads I had missed while away, but now I see that was just wishful thinking. No real chance in hell of that happening, I'm afraid.

I am a bit puzzled over all the complaints about this forum I have seen here and on the GD forum, though, from quickly scanning over them. At the time I left everything was quite calm and Memnoch was complimenting everybody on how well behaved they were being. Oh well, things go in cycles I guess.

Cheetah, yes, once again the Atlantic Ocean separates us, and I am writing this far away, instead of sitting right beside you. That was fun when we were doing that, laughing and cracking jokes about the posts But now at least I have a better mental image of you sitting at your computer typing away in your style. LOL -- and I can imagine the comments you are muttering as you do so
Old 10-23-2001, 09:38 AM   #68
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Silver Cheetah, you have just described in a nutshell what Ironworks is all about. Thank you.

I'll second that. Awesome post Cheetah. It should be required reading for everyone here You have hit the nail exactly on the head regarding what we should aspire to, even though all of us have fallen short of it from time to time.

Old 10-23-2001, 01:40 PM   #69
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Thanks, SC and DM. Though it will be awhile yet before I have time to fully get back in the swing of things here. I have a mountain of work accumulated on my desk. Ug. Oh well, I'll live I had thought I would actually read all the threads I had missed while away, but now I see that was just wishful thinking. No real chance in hell of that happening, I'm afraid.

I am a bit puzzled over all the complaints about this forum I have seen here and on the GD forum, though, from quickly scanning over them. At the time I left everything was quite calm and Memnoch was complimenting everybody on how well behaved they were being. Oh well, things go in cycles I guess.

Cheetah, yes, once again the Atlantic Ocean separates us, and I am writing this far away, instead of sitting right beside you. That was fun when we were doing that, laughing and cracking jokes about the posts But now at least I have a better mental image of you sitting at your computer typing away in your style. LOL -- and I can imagine the comments you are muttering as you do so
Imprecations, imprecations..... Hey, next time we meet I'll be muttering imprecations from your place, I hope! Look out for a flying Cheetah landing belly up in your garden one fine day come spring....

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Silver Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 03:11 PM   #70
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Don't give me panic attacks by saying things like that Z. If you carried out that threat, I might have to spend more time dealing with RL issues, and heaven knows what chaos I could initiate if I had the time

Keep up the good work and don't let the bastards grind you down.

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-23-2001).]
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote