Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-23-2001, 02:19 PM   #21
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
GREAT! I'll have to fly in somewhere in the northern part of Germany, then, so I can visit with you all. Of course, I don't know if Neb WANTS me to catch up with him. But I'd love to meet you, too!

Depends on whether you intend to keep that promise you made about hunting me down
Old 10-23-2001, 02:26 PM   #22
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Depends on whether you intend to keep that promise you made about hunting me down
No, I won't hunt you down - as long as you don't run!

Besides, I have some pudding with your name on it!
Old 10-23-2001, 02:45 PM   #23
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Born in the place, and living just outside it now, I wouldn't say it's the most beautiful city I know, but it's definitely the most special one.
Anybody visiting it can count on me if they need a tour...just let me know!

Melusine, whilst we're on the topic of meeting IW people - I'll be in Amsterdam in January - I come over every few months to visit friends - hopefully we could meet up for tea?

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-23-2001, 02:48 PM   #24
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Melusine, whilst we're on the topic of meeting IW people - I'll be in Amsterdam in January - I come over every few months to visit friends - hopefully we could meet up for tea?

Absolutely! LOL, maybe you could show ME around in my own city then...it's so big, there are lots of places that *I* don't even know myself

DragonMage - sure, anytime! *smiles*

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-23-2001, 05:55 PM   #25
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

Anybody here have any powerful, mysterious or just plain odd experiences with yew trees?

Dio and I visited a yew grove last week - well, it was actually a park full of yews, about 12,000 in all, with some of them well over 1000 years old.

We spent some time in this very old grove, the trees must have been 12-1500 years old - and I started to feel very odd indeed. Apart from the natural awe at being in the presence of such very old beings, I felt slightly afraid, (maybe this was due to the shape of the trees - - has anyone SEEN yew trees? They look as though they are crippled, and in great pain, due to the way the branches seem contorted. Of course, this is only my perception - anthropomorphising them, as is our human tendency... )

But anyway, yes, I felt a little fearful, some strange things going on around the solar plexus and heart centre, - also I began to feel desperately sad, - actually I did start crying. Also a feeling of forboding and oppression. The old groves had been the scenes of battles many hundreds of years ago, - not sure if picking up on that - also there would have been much human activity of all sorts going on in and around the groves, I am sure, some of it to do with worship and ritual, perhaps.

I don't know. In general, I love trees, - but these, I don't know. My reaction to them was very very powerful, - anyone got any ideas, similar experiences?

I'm so glad we went to see them, though. It was an experience I wouldn't have missed for the world! Thanks Dio!! (Dio rented a car when he was over here. Normally, I wouldn't have got there, as it's too far to go on the bicycle, - Im not that fit!!)

I am not normally particularly sensitive to such things, and did not pick up on it as quickly as the Cheetah, but after about half an hour or so in the Grove I too felt a strange sense of unease, sort of a vague feeling of sickness in the pit of my stomach, as if from an overload of strong emotion.

One thing the Cheetah did not mention, but which is possibly relevant, is that the area in which the Grove is located is surrounded by nearby old stone formations and burial mounds, reputedly those belonging to Saxon warriors slain in the vicinity in battle with Vikings. The surrounding area, known as Kingley Vale Nature Reserve, is listed as having a highly unusual number of prehistoric ruins.

In any case, I also think it entirely possible that the trees did indeed contain energy from long ago -- who knows, possibly old Druid rites or the like, which we were picking up on.

I was not alarmed, however. My chief reaction to the ancient trees was one of awe.

It is truly a place worth visting, and Cheetah, you are very welcome. It was truly a pleasure sharing the experience of the place with you

Here is a link to a site which talks briefly about it, with a pic of one of the old trees:
http://www.english-nature.org.uk/spe...0&X=&NNR_ID=93

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 06:08 PM   #26
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Regarding meeting IW members, after my very positive experience with the Cheetah (a very wonderful person, indeed ) I'm all for the idea of meeting up with fellow members.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:46 PM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Regarding meeting IW members, after my very positive experience with the Cheetah (a very wonderful person, indeed ) I'm all for the idea of meeting up with fellow members.
Speaking of which, I haven't been to SC in quite some years. We need to make arrangements to meet up as we're so close. Even meet halfway somewhere, if need be. Oh Mr. Kindly and Edumakated one!
Old 10-23-2001, 07:56 PM   #28
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Absolutely! LOL, maybe you could show ME around in my own city then...it's so big, there are lots of places that *I* don't even know myself

DragonMage - sure, anytime! *smiles*

Cool! I'll be looking forward to it!! There's a little restaurant on Utrechstrat that does amazing warm spinach salad with walnuts, tomatoes, tahini dressing and massive amounts of bread........ Maybe you know it..... Yummmmm

------------------

Old 10-23-2001, 07:58 PM   #29
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Ooh, nice compliment - love you too, Dio! I'm very much looking forward to meeting Epona, DragonMage and Melusine, over the next weeks/months, also.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 08:05 PM   #30
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Speaking of which, I haven't been to SC in quite some years. We need to make arrangements to meet up as we're so close. Even meet halfway somewhere, if need be. Oh Mr. Kindly and Edumakated one!

Sure. What part of Georgia is Newnan in? Pumpkintown is in the northwestern corner of SC, about one hour from the Georgia line.