Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-14-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Concerning hireling experience points in the official campaign

First, I hope this topic has not been posted before, I did a search through the threads and nothing came up. I honestly apologize if this has been talked about before, forgive me if it has.... concerning the official campaign, I was wondering, for hirelings, if there is a fixed rate or percentage that they would take from each time the player earns experience points. Any help is appreciated.
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:21 AM   #2
Zink Whistlefly

Default Re: Concerning hireling experience points in the official campaign

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think experience reduces based on the total HD of your party, however the total XP you earn can actually be higher as the number of enemies that spawn and their toughness increases based on the party HD.

As an example, a solo wizard will likely earn less XP that a solo wizard with an animal sumoning spell active (as the animals generally have much higher HD - a level 2 summoned boar for example is considered level 7, whilst you are only level 3) as lots more tougher monsters will spawn with the latter.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
Gavindale
The Magister

So, lemme make sure I have this straight... let's say I'm playing a wizard in the official campaign -- I would actually earn more experience if I have a hireling or summoned creature than if I am playing without one? Sorry if I have this all tangled and confused here, just want to make sure I have it right before I dive into the game and risk losing some experience that would come in handy. And say I'm in a battle and have a hireling with me, what percentage of the total experience does the hireling get from the battle?
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:34 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

The hireling/summon gets none of the xp. Summons will always stay at their own level, familiars and henchmen gain levels as you do.
You do get less xp from each of the creatures you/they kill, but because your total party is more menacing you'll meet with more or more menacing opposition, which is worth more xp overall.
For xp benefits as well as survivability it's usually a good idea to bring help along, although you're not able to control them to perfection so they might do stupid things that get you in trouble.

Not that this is a campaign where you have to grab all the xp you can find to succeed.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote