Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-04-2002, 08:50 PM   #1
sep257
Dungeon Master

I just won an ebay auction for a sealed game of NWN. Since I have a few days before it gets here I am keeping my eagernes to play at bay with some general non-spoilerish info. I wanted to ask some general questions about the game.

1. Is there a way to play multi player without a pay site where members congregate?

2. Do multi player games allow you to import characters or do you have to play a new one every time?

3. I used to play a lot of Diablo multi player on battle.net. There were a lot of cheaters and unscrupulous players that made gameplay frustrating. Are there any restrictions on cheating or anything like that? i.e. spawning weapons via cheats...etc..

4. if #2 allows imports, can you have say, a fighter, or mage or theif or whatever is needed in a multi player game under one account or only one character per account?

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2002, 10:00 PM   #2
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

#1: You just click 'multiplayer game' button while in the game and it will take it right to where you want to go, and you can play with all different sorts of people.

#2: Yes, you can import characters.

#3: I don't really know. I've heard of people using cheats to become invincible and then try to pickpocket you all the time..... besides that I've never heard of people cheating.

#4: Account? What do you mean dude? I believe that you can choose from any of your exported characters, or make a new character.
Old 10-04-2002, 10:05 PM   #3
sep257
Dungeon Master

lol... #4 i dont know what i mean. i havent even started playing yet... just real amped about getting it and want to know if its ready to multi play out of the box with no additional fees/signups etc...like on ultima online or something of that nature.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:49 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Although online NWN games are free and fairly plentiful, you can increase the quality of the games you find with a few resources.

Bioware has provided an excellent FREE guild system to help like-minded players/builders/dms find one another via the official NWN site.

Also the web-site Neverwinter Connections provides free game scheduling.
http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/

Cheating is fairly well regulated at the individual game level, but be wary in non-dm'ed games that allow local characters!