Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 05:23 PM   #1
Sardaukar
Welcomed New User

Spoiler space
Has anyone else tried to skip dungeons to get Zenmaster? I started with one character and went through the Crypt, skipped the Serpent Temple, Shuregeon Castle, vanished past Dragon Spire. I vanished to the Lost Sea. The only things I did were get the four tomes. Now I have a level 23 Zenmaster and still have not went into Dragon Spire. Has anyone else done something like this?
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 05:55 PM   #2
Moni

Never even considered it but I have to tell you that you doing it makes you one of the coolest players yet!
: )
Moni
Old 02-02-2001, 04:45 AM   #3
TarlA42

Ahhhh... I was just about to post a question on how to get a Zenmaster.
I'm under the impression you need to find 4 books. I have 3. Is that what I need to do? and if so, where is the 4th book? I'm in the Pyramid now, so it seems like I missed it so far.
Old 02-02-2001, 05:46 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The 4th and last book is in the pyramid Mr Cabot - it is a little difficult to find - there is a trapped corridor with bloodstains, a lever you pull, a demon or two to fight, and a secret door that the lever opens back in one of the rooms that you just left to get to this corridor. Deep in the darkness is a chest with the book. Good luck Tarl who hunts with me.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 06:17 AM   #5
TarlA42

Ahh, Davros, my friend.
I now have in my hands the 4th tome. Only then did I realize one of the books I thought was a tome was a stinking book of the servant. I seem to be missing the "1st" tome. I have 2,3, and 4 now. I have a sinking suspicion I may have to go way-way-way back to pick it up. Where did I miss it? And then who do I take them to? (after walking all the way back the crypt dungeon I don't want to have to hit up every shop keeper on the way back. I don't think my stomach can take it.
Also, an individual quest was for a seed from a living tree, the only living tree I knew of was good ol' Oakenmir. Sure enough, killing him provided one. Did I goof killing him though? any other areas to get a seed? I think all my guys went up 5 or 6 levels, he's one tough Hombre.
Thanks.
Tarl.
Old 02-02-2001, 08:24 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Tarl Red Hair,

If you're missing the first book then I hope your memory is good as you have a lot of backtracking to do. In the serpent temple, after the battle with the naga - you exit that chamber and find a lever to pull above the fountain - that opens the criss cross corridor area that you use to circle the naga chamber to the north till you come to the lift maze. In that corridor area was a door you couldn't open. The key to that lock is the same one you get off the caretaker to open the door to Elyssia - the exact name of the key ecsapes me at present (servant, caretaker?). It is almost certain that you have left or sold this key somewhere by now if you are now at the pyramid. Track it down to recover the Tome of Fire. If you have that one, Wind is in the Boogre caves and Water is (where else) Collasium. When you have them all, put them all in your potential zenmasters inventory and have him walk into a Bushi Dojo (most people use Brimloch but it probably works in Ishad as well). For seeds, if you wander about the pyramid desert you will come across bark horrors (weak versions of the oak) and they will drop seeds. Tal my friend, are the Bosk fed?.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 11:30 AM   #7
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So THIS was the post I was looking for! Thank you all for the help. I'm glad to see that I didn't miss any tomes. I have two, and I am just about to enter Collasium now. I guess my policy of ignoring the walkthroughs and exploring every nook and cranny of dungeons is paying off. Now, I just have to decide...which char to make a Zen Master...
White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 09:06 PM   #8
TarlA42

Just pulling this back to the top- Zenmaster questions coming up.