Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2003, 03:54 PM   #1
Aurican
Elminster

Just wanted to show off my new website. Feel free to ask questions.

Ford Archery

Thanks,

Aurican - aka Patrick
Old 09-16-2003, 04:36 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

We arranged a bit of archery for a team-building day I had with my team at work a month or so ago. First time we'd ever drawn a bow. We all thought it was fantastic! The bows were a bit of a surprise - they certainly don't look like the ones in NWN or BG2. I used a 20lb bow to start and surprisingly didn't do too bad - hit the target most itmes. Today's bows have all sorts of aids, clips etc to help you nock and aim the arrow. The arrow didn't look like what I was expecting either.

Didn't do badly at all, and found it great fun! One thing's for sure though - after having a go at it, I am in AWE of Legolas.

Here are some pics (from the Olympic Archery Centre at Sydney Olympic Park).

I'd strongly recommend anyone to try it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-16-2003, 04:39 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 09-16-2003, 06:49 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

I got seriously into archery when I was younger. My main problem was not aim or accuracy, but strength - I simply hadn't the strength of arm to fire very far! I tend to do very well in fairground archery stalls (the ones with decent bows, that is)... well, I'm going to university again soon. Maybe I can join the Archery Club, I'd like that...

Nice site, btw. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 03:25 AM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Arrow

pssst.. mario? where are you at the picture? behind the bow? or your the one taking the camera? better yet.. the arrow

Catch me if you can..
Old 09-17-2003, 04:51 AM   #5
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

It's ok for you guy's, by law we have to practice our archery every sunday& holiday over here , so it's a bit of a chore for us, Mind you it's worse for the Welsh [img]smile.gif[/img] and Mouse fancy a trip to York next week ? Myself and Donut would like to get a few points across

http://www.texasarchery.org/eletters...1.htm#article6
Old 09-17-2003, 04:53 PM   #6
Tancred
White Dragon

Good old English Law! It's great! It's virtually impossible to repeal a law, so nine hundred years of monarchy have left us with a system that revolves around the concept of plastering over the old laws with new ones...

If anyone ever wonders why it is London cab drivers carry a bale of hay in their trunk, the answer is, it's the law... they're also required to have a footman, but in the interests of public safety footmen were proclaimed optional. Clinging to a roof-rack of a London taxi is no way to make a living.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:03 PM   #7
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, when the English set off to space I guess their spaceships will even have to carry safety buoys and life rafts. (Guess which computer game this reference is from?).