Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2001, 03:53 PM   #1
BladeMaster

Has anyone played any of the four Mechwarrior games. Mechwarrior 4 I found is the best.

------------------

Old 05-11-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Just got Mech 4. Will install over the weekend hopefully. I'll let you know my thoughts, then. (It's been awhile since I've played these sorts of games.)

How about Tribes 2?

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
Old 05-11-2001, 04:11 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I played Mechwarrior2 a long time agow.
Old 05-11-2001, 04:25 PM   #4
Nostron
Manshoon

Never really had the chance. Before i had the money to buy it but my computer couldn't handle the game. Now my computer kicks arse and iam freakin broke.
Iam missing alot?

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 05-11-2001, 04:34 PM   #5
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I used to play mech warrior 3 alot. It was pretty cool to play w/ other people, but playing the computer sucked. Tribes 2 rocks - when it's working that is. Very fun to play but just about as buggy as possible. One of my engineers was beta testing it for them and he was telling me about how bad an experience it was. They didn't listen to any feedback from the testers, and before the beta was even done, they pulled the plug on the beta program. They don't tell the testers anything, then one day they get an email saying the program went gold, then the next thing they know it is in the stores. It was released as a retail beta. Very shady on Sierras part.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-11-2001, 04:37 PM   #6
BladeMaster

Mechwarrior 4 just Rocks it is the best Mechwarrior game out

------------------

Old 05-11-2001, 05:41 PM   #7
turbovee
Elminster

I liked the Mechwarrior series, but I really loved MechCommander. That game rocked. It was simple yet challenging. both were great online games too.

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 05-12-2001, 06:37 AM   #8
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
I liked the Mechwarrior series, but I really loved MechCommander. That game rocked. It was simple yet challenging. both were great online games too.

I think mechcommander was much much better then the mechwarrior series. But over all I think the Battletech and Mechwarrior books were sooooooo much better than both the comp games. I highly reccomend reading the Twilight of the Clans series. A very good series i like almost as much as the ongoing salvatore drizzt series.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-12-2001, 06:41 AM   #9
BladeMaster

With Mechcommander all you do command the mechs from the background were as with the Mechwarrior series you actually pilot a mech and comand other mechs in your lance to do things.

------------------

Old 05-12-2001, 07:05 AM   #10
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
With Mechcommander all you do command the mechs from the background were as with the Mechwarrior series you actually pilot a mech and comand other mechs in your lance to do things.

yes but the feel of the mechwarrior games still isnt very good. I have played a virtual reality simulator of mechwarrior and that actually felt like you were in the cockpit yourself and god damn it kicked ass. but i dont like the interface and gameplay of the mechwarrior series. read the books and youll see what i mean

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

[This message has been edited by AzureWolf (edited 05-12-2001).]