Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-03-2002, 06:26 PM   #21
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I went to McVomits on monday. I really know better but it was close to the job. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!! Kick me! Yes I puked it up an hour and a half later. Just plain nasty shit they serve. I'll drive the extra bit to avoid them, guess I needed a reminder!
Old 07-03-2002, 06:31 PM   #22
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
hehe, if you think thats bad you should find out what animal left-overs they put in the Aussie pie.
Ugh, you're not wrong. Offal and TVP mostly [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

I agree SC about the power of their advertising. Because it's so recognisable, and also because they have limited choices and little variety people feel more comfortable eating there. Like when people go to foreign countries, very often they'll eat at McDonalds because trying unfamiliar restaurants is too much trouble, especially if there's a language barrier.

Same with coca-cola really, incredible advertising makes up for a lack of tastiness (imho ).

Although I do love McDonalds' fries. Probably because I'm not a big potato fan, big fat chips do nothing for me, but the thin strips of fat masquerading as potato I love .
[/QUOTE]Biggest language barrier I ever ran up against was in Taiwan, - I don't speak Mandarin. Luckily, they have lots of veggie 'buffet' places, so it was just a matter of heap your plate and try it all out - although I did tend to pick things I felt comfortable eating with chopsticks, which take a while to get right.

On coca cola - try it warm, left open overnight, for a truly vomitsville experience. They have to serve it cold and fizzy, to disguise the fact that the naked product is absolutely disgusting. (IMO). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2002, 06:35 PM   #23
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
hehe, if you think thats bad you should find out what animal left-overs they put in the Aussie pie.
Ugh, you're not wrong. Offal and TVP mostly [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

I agree SC about the power of their advertising. Because it's so recognisable, and also because they have limited choices and little variety people feel more comfortable eating there. Like when people go to foreign countries, very often they'll eat at McDonalds because trying unfamiliar restaurants is too much trouble, especially if there's a language barrier.

Same with coca-cola really, incredible advertising makes up for a lack of tastiness (imho ).

Although I do love McDonalds' fries. Probably because I'm not a big potato fan, big fat chips do nothing for me, but the thin strips of fat masquerading as potato I love .
[/QUOTE]Biggest language barrier I ever ran up against was in Taiwan, - I don't speak Mandarin. Luckily, they have lots of veggie 'buffet' places, so it was just a matter of heap your plate and try it all out - although I did tend to pick things I felt comfortable eating with chopsticks, which take a while to get right.

On coca cola - try it warm, left open overnight, for a truly vomitsville experience. They have to serve it cold and fizzy, to disguise the fact that the naked product is absolutely disgusting. (IMO). [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]When warm and fizzless, Coca Cola blows. As long as it's kept cool, however, it's nice enough. I don't drink it for the taste, myself, only for the caffeine [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I CAN be drunk fizzless if it's cool.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:06 PM   #24
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

well aside from all that, has anyone here heard of the horrible lie that is ITT tech? I can't belive the way they lie about themselves in hopes of gaining new students to use as automotan and manipulable people to just fill empty job holes...