Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-30-2002, 07:00 AM   #91
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

The human society apparently creates an environment where people can grow up to be dis-illusioned, judges of life and death with no feel of responsibility whatsoever.

I recoil in fear at the thought that I'm going to have to raise my children in that world.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:05 AM   #92
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

well that is pretty bad seeing as how young he was. What next? A little 8 year old shoots somebody in texas and is put to death?

Perhaps...
Old 05-30-2002, 08:28 AM   #93
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Cerek, I don't believe that the method of execution is relevant here. We are discussing the general principle of the death penalty. The method is a different question.
I was referencing the Post Dramnek made in which he listed graphic details of several executions. It was he who drew attention to specific methods of execution. I simply asked that he also provide details of the suffering the victims of these criminals experienced. People who - unlike the criminals - had NOT committed any act to warrant the suffering they endured.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:34 AM   #94
MagiK

Can anyone here, who says that the death penalty DOES NOT prevent murder/crime show me even one single case where a person who received that penalty ever comitted another crime?

Old 05-30-2002, 08:36 AM   #95
MagiK

a few years ago wasnt there a case in the UK where a couple of little boys tortured and killed a little girl....what was their eventual punishment?? I do remember that the case was so shocking that most people in the states heard about it on the news at the time...Just curious.

[ 05-30-2002, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-30-2002, 08:40 AM   #96
Cerek the Barbaric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
The death penalty is no deterrent, statistics prove it to be no preventitive, and even police officers agree that it is a very ineffective deterrent.
I disagree. The death penalty is VERY effective at preventing future crimes. It prevents that person from harming anybody else.

Ted Bundy - by his own admission - killed over 100 people. He had served time in prison for some of these murders, but when he got out, he murdered more people.

The crime that finally got him the death penalty was the murder of 8 members of a sorority at a Florida University. He grabbed a large piece of wood outside the sorority house and brutally bludgeoned eight girls to death. This crime occurred shortly after Bundy completed a two-year prison sentence for another crime in a different state.

Serving time in prison did not reduce his homicidal tendancies - it increased them. Putting him in the electric chair ended the threat once and for all and prevented any future crimes at his hands.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:43 AM   #97
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
quote:
Cerek, I don't believe that the method of execution is relevant here. We are discussing the general principle of the death penalty. The method is a different question.
I was referencing the Post Dramnek made in which he listed graphic details of several executions. It was he who drew attention to specific methods of execution. I simply asked that he also provide details of the suffering the victims of these criminals experienced. People who - unlike the criminals - had NOT committed any act to warrant the suffering they endured.[/QUOTE]Sorry - I thought you were referring to the list of countries who execute juveniles.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-30-2002, 08:54 AM   #98
Cerek the Barbaric

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
a few years ago wasnt there a case in the UK where a couple of little boys tortured and killed a little girl....what was their eventual punishment?? I do remember that the case was so shocking that most people in the states heard about it on the news at the time...Just curious.
That was a case where two 10 year old boys lured a 3 year old child away from his mother in a shopping center. They then tortured and brutalized the child for over 30 minutes before finally killing him (according to accounts I read). They beat the him with their fists, kicked him with their feet, hit him with rocks and did a few other things that are too graphic to recount here. They reportedly were laughing at the child as he screamed and cried for his Mommy the whole time.

I cannot even imagine what I would do if I were the parent of the 3 year old. I agree that most 10 year old children don't fully comprehend the implications of life and death, but the sheer brutality and pervereness of their act defies explanation. They HAD to know that their actions were grossly wrong, yet they took extreme pleasure from it. There is something fundamentally wrong with that situation. My heart goes out to thier parents as well.

Speaking of past cases, what happened to the nurse in Texas who left a homeless man impaled on her windshield for 3 days until he finally bled to death?
Old 05-30-2002, 09:02 AM   #99
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

About the nurses aid (not nurse) that left the man on her windshield, Cerek, she is awaiting trial. Sorry, I don't care what lists we were on, I want murderers dead. That way they don't ever murder anyone again. And, a majority of the voter of the sovereign state of Texas agree with me and don't care what others think.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:06 AM   #100
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
About the nurses aid (not nurse) that left the man on her windshield, Cerek, she is awaiting trial. Sorry, I don't care what lists we were on, I want murderers dead. That way they don't ever murder anyone again. And, a majority of the voter of the sovereign state of Texas agree with me and don't care what others think.
I kinda guessed that this would be the answer.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show