Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2002, 05:06 PM   #61
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Not the Panic button....
Old 05-03-2002, 05:12 PM   #62
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Ahhhhhhhh the good life. :sips a rootbeer: I'm have'nt had any homework for 2 days and tommarow I make it 3.I have been on a fieldtrip for 2 days.In the 5th grade at my school you get to go a to a camp and spend the night there.It was like an old western kinda place.They had a mounted moose head that I swear was moving becausewhen we went into the building it was the head was straight and when we looked at it again it was the head was looking at me and all my friends Will the paranormal ever leave me alone!I'm so tired from the trip that I think that I'm gonna go to slepp right here in this chair by the fire...as long as it's ok with you guys.The weirdest thing that happened is someone mooned me while i was there at there at the camp.:moon.Hey one of my friends is going to invent a chair you can lean back in while your driving and you won;t even have to put your feet on the gas or the brake!WOWIE ZOWIE!!!!!boy that was corny.BTW HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:3partyguy:
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 05-03-2002, 05:12 PM   #63
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Ah yes, Ford Prefect and Arthur Dent. Heh, I bought the entire series of books a couple of years ago.... *sigh* Too bad that Douglas Adams is no longer able to write such wonderful works....
Old 05-03-2002, 05:13 PM   #64
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
Hey, Galadria, I'll have to post my stats when I get home. Are those base stats, or including tatoos? It's gonna take me forever to get that high! Did you do all the quests, or are you just killing that many things? Don't spoil me too much, though... [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm currently doing quests in the Lower Ward and the Cleric District. Mostly working in the Brothel...

Question on the different guilds...I am currently a Godsmen. Can I become a Sensate and still finish the Godsmen quest, or do I screw the pooch by becoming a Sensate? Let me know.

thanks

BK
The STR and CON are augmented with tattoos. The rest are base. Yeah, I know, uss has been nagging me to quit killing worms and go on with the game, and since this afternoon I got to 25th lvl, with the WIS 20, so I'll probably go on.
Has anybody gone in the Player's Maze? Is it fun? Or awful?

[ 05-03-2002, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 05-03-2002, 05:17 PM   #65
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Ah yes, Ford Prefect and Arthur Dent. Heh, I bought the entire series of books a couple of years ago.... *sigh* Too bad that Douglas Adams is no longer able to write such wonderful works....
OK OK - I HAVE to tell you this, because it is so damn funny (and honest to god it's the truth)

I used to work with the man that Adams based the character Marvin the Paranoid Android on

And he didn't change much. The guy's name was Martin, and he met Adams at CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) events near where I lived. He worked with me in the civil service, and his favourite phrase was 'I'm an intelligent bloke, talented, and they've got me doing filing' (instead of 'Brain the size of a planet and they've got me parking cars')

I just HAD to share that with you all - it's no joke. He was a right miserable old sod. Still is.
Old 05-03-2002, 05:28 PM   #66
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Wow! Epona! Serious? Way cool! Heh, it's kinda funny to experience such things, really [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2002, 05:31 PM   #67
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Hey y'all have a good weekend I am off to the homstead.
Cya
Old 05-03-2002, 05:32 PM   #68
Beltazar
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
quote:
Since we've just had two pro-D2 speeches I believe that I'd like to present the opposite viewpoint:

Then of course there's multiplayer, that's not much fun either, when playing online people will hack like there's no tomorrow and half of the people will be pretty annoying as well. All through the game you'll be doing the same stuff, finding more or less the same items, just stronger and stronger.

There aren't even any really imaginative and unique spells, much less items. Diablo 2 is Blizzard's one and only great mistake. Warcraft was a great game. Warcraft 2 even greater. Starcraft was wonderful. Diablo was cool. Diablo 2.... Not quite so cool.

Personally I found Diablo 2 to be boring before even getting halfway through it. I was tired of having to kill everything again whenever I played. Oh and then there's the fact that just a small mistake in how you allocate your skillpoints near the beginning of the game can make it impossible for you to progress any further and beat certain bosses.

I was incapable of beating the 2nd big boss of the game just because I'd made such a small mistake. Rather sucked, I'd have had to start over completely with a new character if I wanted to ratify that mistake.

Summary: Diablo 2 sucks badly compared to most games. Buy Diablo 1 instead, or better yet, buy something that's actually an RPG and not just called one. Personally I recommend Planescape: Torment.
oh come on now neb! D2 is like sooo much better then D1! Graphics, items, classes. Let me critique in my way

In D2, there are 2 multiplayers: Closed battle.net, and Open battle.net. Closed battle.net allows players to enjoy the game without hacks, using only ur created multiplayer, while open battle.net is just like diablo1, hack as much as you want!

I'll agree with you on the spells, but the items in D2 are unmatchable in any other game ive played so far.

Remember there is 3 difficulties in D2, and it keeps getting harder and harder, so things are harder to kill. By the time you get to act 5 hell, things are immune to magic, to physical, and all sorts of stuff, making it really tuff!

If you didnt think D2 was a challenge, u probably didnt try making a hardcore character. Thats the only way to go for a decent challenge!

Ok im done now. I'm at the office once again. I was hoping to go see Spider man today but the chances of that are quite low considering what the lines are gonna look like! So how has everyones day been? Mines been pretty dandy so far. Anything new and exciting that i havnt heard about ?
[/QUOTE]you are so right, HARDCORE r0x0r5, I duel a hell of a lot on hc. I have Über gear, and an eth pole that does 950 dmg at level 48. Of course it's a bar-bar.. doing 9k dmg zerking and like 7 ww'ing. I use shaft,gaze,two ravens, cats eye(I'm level 50 ), Sanders boots and gloves [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2002, 05:35 PM   #69
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Spiderman Spiderman he can do whatever a spider can.
Old 05-03-2002, 05:36 PM   #70
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Wow! Epona! Serious? Way cool! Heh, it's kinda funny to experience such things, really [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Neb, serious as I can be mate. It really was a trial working with the guy - he would just moan and moan and moan, all in a kind of monotone. He was actually a brilliant blues pianist and guitarist though, so he had some redeeming qualities.

Also Ford Prefect claimed to come from Guildford - which is where I grew up (and where I worked with Martin).