Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2001, 08:34 PM   #11
Raze
The Magister

When my fighter is in a battle you can often hear me shouting :
"hit the bast**d!" and waving my fists at the screen
and when he misses:
"you w**ker"
Old 05-19-2001, 08:39 PM   #12
Malavon
Dungeon Master

hey Neb, i also have the psion kit, hows that?
Old 05-19-2001, 08:41 PM   #13
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I can't wander into a bunch of goblins - chopping them into bits.

Too lazy, use abi-dalzims

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 05-19-2001, 11:07 PM   #14
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Magic = better potential to have a good, long and healthy life

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-19-2001, 11:29 PM   #15
Therro
Dungeon Master

Gah! Magic Shmagic! I love Swashbucklers..there's something about their flamboyance and charm that makes them just plain Cool..Though I agree, magic is fun and VERY usefull in this game
Old 05-19-2001, 11:29 PM   #16
white heron
Manshoon

Isn't that "Live by the sword, Live a good ,long life!".
Well,i like to get up close and personal with melee weapons now.Its just more fun at the moment,and no ranged weapons either.I do like to have a cleric or druid in my party though for summoning spells though.
I have won all of the individual battles in the game with no spells,-just innate abilitys and potions .
Yeah, casting spells can be fun ,but so can squashing bad guys with a big hammer.
Old 05-19-2001, 11:55 PM   #17
Malavon
Dungeon Master

well, i just think that any fighter would get raped in broad daylight in combat with a half decent sorcerer! unless they had magic resistance.
Old 05-20-2001, 01:52 AM   #18
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I dont know about that malavon. I had a solo dwarven bezerker with boots of speed and belt of inertial barrier you can wait out any protective enchantment. I had my sorcerer fight my bezerker and vice versa and it seems its just who ever uses better tactics will win. Let us not even mention monks because they kick everyones ass.

------------------
Welcome to hell.

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 05-20-2001).]
Old 05-20-2001, 05:58 AM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well what's wrong with a cleric
I think it's not only a matter of which is the best character class (if there even is such a thing) but also of which class suits your preference/personality best. I for one have always liked playing a cleric, just because I like the image and the type of person. I also think they are a very good class because of the combination of fighting skills (my first Priest of Lathander kicked ass with the Flail of Ages or a decent Mace and the Gorgon Plate +4, the Sentinel Shield etc.) and magic (Holy Smite is soooo good!). They can tank and cast great spells. Esp. at high levels, Holy Word, False DAwn, Sunray etc are great. A great combo is Ranger dualled to Cleric

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-20-2001, 06:40 AM   #20
vesselle
Hathor

i ALWAYS play a fighter, chaotic good, and, in bg2 at least, a wizard slayer. (i just adore that kit.)
for me, it's never just whacking one guy and moving on to the next. not at all. i take care of the group tactics (jumping around from char to char): positioning my fighters to ensure we always have the advantage, managing my cleric and mage while spell flinging, and making sure my thief is backstabbing and clearing out all toe traps BEFORE someone else finds them. ::rolls her eyes:: doing all this - with the battle music pounding out, minsc happily screaming orders to boo, jaheira, muttering and weaving spells to confuse the baddie troops, and me, snaking thru the ranks to reach their deeply entrenched sorceror - all while staring down the monster's throats.... now that's FUN!

V***V
::still smiling thinking about it all::