Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2004, 03:16 PM   #1
Malach Cha Movis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Adventurers,
I haven't lurked or posted on this forum for quite awhile. I read that a new game by D W Bradley (Dungeon Lords?) is supposed to be released soon. I visited this site because I assumed there would be some discussion of the game, because the designer is so much admired for Cosmic Forge and Crusaders of the Dark Savant.

I did a search and found no entries. Does anyone on this forum know anyhing about the game?

Thanks,
Malach_cha_Movis
Old 09-25-2004, 04:02 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yeah, I know. Go to ironworks main page it is on the news. Also, wrong forum to discuss. Go to the misc games section.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:52 PM   #3
Malach Cha Movis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Yeah, I know. Go to ironworks main page it is on the news. Also, wrong forum to discuss. Go to the misc games section.
Hi SecretMaster,
Your response is very misleading. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I did some checking.
The last piece of news I could find for "Dungeon Lords", the DW Bradley game, is on or about August 4, 2004. That's eight weeks ago. Are you trying to say that there has been no developments worth mentioning since then, even though a demo was supposed to be released Sept 1, and the game was scheduled for release in mid November.
I checked the misc games section. There was no reference to Dungeon Lords on the two page listing of forum posts. I did a search in this forum and there seemed to be only one related post. "Bladley is Back" was posted on March 30, 2004 and there was only one reply on Apr 1st. That doesn't seem to be much of a discussion.
Besides this is still the best place to discuss a game designed by DW unless and until a separate forum for Dungeon Lords is set up. Even though the title of the forum is Wizardry 8, I have seen earlier Wiz games mentioned. I have seen discussion of comparative values of Wiz 8 versus other roleplaying games. This is the only forum on this site concerned with to Wizardry Universe. DW is considered by some to be a God in that universe, so I would quess he could be considered to be part of that universe.
Wiz players will not be searching the "misc games forum"; they come to this forum, so this is the most appropriate place for this discussion.
And that's what I think!
Malach_cha_Movis
Old 09-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I think talk about DWB's new game has a place here, he did do Wiz 5-7. We can always switch to a new site on IW or elesewhere once the game is released. The new game is a "fantasy action RPG". The stats are invisible, there will be a few RPCs, he designed the game engine from scratch. There is a 2-page ad in October's Computer Games mag. It's due this winter. Personally, I will miss the stats and don't feel like a click fest. We will see...
Old 09-28-2004, 09:26 PM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I agree totally with Ziggy. I don't like some of the other people in other forums. I think they've been there a little too long and have become jerks! And I say that 'cos I've been there.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #6
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

You'll find some commentary on this link over on VN Board's Wiz8 Spoiler Board.

Also, for those who don't already have it, here's the Dungeon Lord web site.

A demo was due for release on Sept 1, but unsurprisingly was delayed. Full version slated for release in November (this year).

I think many of us are taking the wait-and-see approach, the "action role-play" aspect has many concerned (me included) that will be simply be a click-fest, but time will tell.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:09 AM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/
I simply meant that Z posted this when news first came out about it. If you don't know, DW Bradley and his games are more than welcome here. He actually checks the Wizards and Warriors website.

As for my reference for the misc games section, I meant post this thread in there. DW Bradley (sadly) had no development with Wiz8, or at least to my knowledge. And more people visit misc games than Wiz8.

But if you check the website, all I see is pic updates.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:10 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I do not know yet if I will host a forum for it. I will make my decision when I play the game. From what I've been reading, it's not a TRUE roleplaying game like Wiz8 or W&W, which bites. I hope it has atleast some RPG elements in it.. Same for Bards Tale remake.. all consolized and simplified for the masses.. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:22 AM   #9
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I do not know yet if I will host a forum for it. I will make my decision when I play the game. From what I've been reading, it's not a TRUE roleplaying game like Wiz8 or W&W, which bites. I hope it has atleast some RPG elements in it.. Same for Bards Tale remake.. all consolized and simplified for the masses.. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Well when looking at the screenshots, it doesn't give off that RPG feeling. It looked more like a hexen/heretic game if anything to me. But then again, I just skimmed through the pages and looked at the SS
Old 09-29-2004, 06:33 AM   #10
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Things are really drying up for us die -hard, turn-based RPG fans. ;(