Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-26-2001, 12:56 PM   #1
Altbau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi there,

I know that in order to complete the toadem quest, I have to go through the trap door in the shaman's hut, but it won't open. It simply says 'Shaman's door does not work' or something like that. Have I missed a lever or a button? Is there a way of forcing it open?
My other problem: I have a Hercules/Guillemont 3D Prophet 4500 (Kyro 2), which does not seem to work correctly with the game. The graphics are fine, but I can't target anything with my mouse (Logitech pilot mouse) in the 3D-world. The cursor just doesn't change, so I can't attack, I can't even get back to town! I can just run and look with the mouse. I don't have this problem in software mode.

thanks in advance,
Altbau
Altbau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 01:06 PM   #2
Hotte
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Welcome to the BEST W&W forum anywere, Altbau! Have fun! I may be good with computers, but i can't fix your problem, sorry
Hotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 01:12 PM   #3
Altbau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello Hotte,

To tell the truth this is the only W&W board I know, but it surely seems nice and clean
One more problem I have have just encountered: I spoke with the center oracle about all things available, and she's gone away and hasn't come back yet. Do I need her later on or is this supposed to be so?
Anyway, I guess I'll be spending quite some time here

cu,
Altbau
Old 08-26-2001, 02:41 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Altbau!!!

Talk with the Shaman some more - you haven't hit upon the keyword yet that gets him to open the trapdoor for you. Check the BEST TIPS thread for the correct word (should be "Evil", I believe).

Good Luck and keep us posted on how you are doing!!

Once the Oracles have opened up the way to the west and Ishad N'ha, you won't need them again.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 02:44 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Forgot to respond to your 3-D problem - you might want to cross post your problem into Saz' Techie Help Desk thread - include your OS and memory as well when you cross post - anything about your hardware set up is useful in solving problems!

Why not just run the game in software mode? I find that I personally prefer the software mode and there are fewer problems.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 03:25 PM   #6
Altbau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello again,

I've talked with the shaman about everything available and some things I came up with, including evil, toadem, toad warriors, toad people, etc. The trapdoor still doesn't open, but I think I'löl just give up this quest - it doesn't seem that important.
Concerning the graphics: I'm playing in software mode all the time now, it isn't that bad (or the D3D mode isn't that good).
The 'best tips' thread is great, you guys prevented me from training my priest into a monk before he could learn all the vine spells. The manual isn't very helpful in terms of role ascensions.
Right now, I'm trying to get past the Mantraps at Ishad N'ha. Whatever did the developers think putting such absurdly strong monsters into such can early part of the game? Well. I'll try the trick with hiding in the castle, I hope it works...
BTW, I 'accidentaly' equipped a cursed weapon, is there any way of getting it off again?

Altbau
Old 08-27-2001, 03:52 PM   #7
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Altbau,

Wie gehts?

You can go to the town temple and the priest will uncurse the item for you (for a price, of course). It remains cursed, however, so I'd suggest that you just sell it.

------------------
Rick
Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 05:01 PM   #8
Altbau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello Xignal,

Danke gleichfalls
Also, Deutschkurs oder Auswanderer?

You're right with the temple, I just mistook it for the 'buy special equipment' button. But the weapon gets 'uncursed' too, at least this skull dagger.

Altbau
Old 08-27-2001, 05:26 PM   #9
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Altbau,

Nur Yankee. I've visited Austria (the Salzburg area) but never got to Wien. Maybe someday.

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote