Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-08-2001, 11:12 AM   #11
gskrug
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You could export the tombs? Wow, talk about simple...I never knew. Probably for the best like you say and it sounds like I should just stick to BG II at least in the beginning.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2001, 12:03 PM   #12
Nifft the Nimble

Quote:
Originally posted by gskrug:
Thanks, Nifft, but can you install ToB when you begin BG II and go to the watchtower early in the game?

You can but probably shouldn't go too deep

Level 1 is fun for a new, fresh party -- there's lots of stuff which will help you out A LOT early or late.

Level 2 might be doable early on, but will be tougher. Still the dungeon seems to adjust to your party's level so it wouldn't be impossible.

Level 3: no freekin' way. Wait until LATE in SoA or early in ToB.

One last note for Watcher's Keep: DON'T SLEEP THERE! There's an exit to the surface on every level. USE THEM! I had my whole party killed by two Devil Shades in a 'random encounter' there.
SoA is fun enough without "Power Gaming" and having all stats above 18

-- Nifft
Old 10-08-2001, 12:43 PM   #13
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:

You can but probably shouldn't go too deep

Level 1 is fun for a new, fresh party -- there's lots of stuff which will help you out A LOT early or late.

Level 2 might be doable early on, but will be tougher. Still the dungeon seems to adjust to your party's level so it wouldn't be impossible.

Level 3: no freekin' way. Wait until LATE in SoA or early in ToB.

One last note for Watcher's Keep: DON'T SLEEP THERE! There's an exit to the surface on every level. USE THEM! I had my whole party killed by two Devil Shades in a 'random encounter' there.
SoA is fun enough without "Power Gaming" and having all stats above 18

-- Nifft
Agreed
Old 10-08-2001, 02:51 PM   #14
gskrug
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Nifft and Tuor for the 411! Now I have to go back to e-bay and get ToB so I can check out level 1! And don't worry, my fighter has nothing like all 18 stats! I like to have the best of advantages but I'm not interested in a hack and cheat game either.