Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2002, 07:38 PM   #1
Darkrising
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, it is generally accepted across most posts(but not all), that Aerie is high maintenance, and slightly annoying(sorry anybody who likes her), so if you ditch her where can you find another neutralor good NPC with her abilities?
Old 01-31-2002, 08:54 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you want a cleric who can fight, pick Anomen, although he is kind of a pest too. Or Jaheria also possess some healing abilities, and she can fight too.
If you want a better mage, there are Nalia and Imoen.
These characters also tend to level up faster due the the dual class factor.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:12 PM   #3
fable
Quintesson

Aerie's an excellent character who can use spell triggers to sling not just mage spells, but clerical ones, too. But she takes a little strategy to use properly. Anomen and Viconia are much more straightforward in the clerical side of things, Edwin on the mage side. Up to you. I'm used 'em all, and adapt my gameplay to fit the different folks: fun.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 10:15 PM   #4
Harry
The Magister

Location: The Land of naked fraulicing nymphs where your every desire comes true
i like aerie. I never found anything too wrong with her. sure she isn't great but she's decent. better than hearing anomen talk about how he defeated a red dragon with a paper clip and a shoelace
Old 02-01-2002, 01:47 AM   #5
D*Ranged

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
i like aerie. I never found anything too wrong with her. sure she isn't great but she's decent. better than hearing anomen talk about how he defeated a red dragon with a paper clip and a shoelace

LOL!
SPOILER:
He boasts about killing 20 fire giants, then Jan mocks him with his long story of Ano the dung Orc and see Anomen reacting to that story! Highly recommended.

Oh, BTW, I found her useful at what she does.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:47 AM   #6
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

IMO I'd go with Jan. Hes got some cool stuff and he is, without a doubt, the funniest character in the game. Once you play with him youll probably ask yourself why you didnt add him sooner.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:12 AM   #7
Jan

Aerie is the second best spellcaster. Great with a sling.

Jan (annoying as hell) seems pretty good. Will try a game with him in the group. Be careful if you have both Minsc and Jan in the group.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:27 AM   #8
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Oooooh, he defeated a dragon with a paperclip and a shoelace? He's just like MacGyver. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2002, 04:05 PM   #9
Nifft the Nimble

I like Aerie. If you aren't romancing her, let her down gently. She'll stop whining pretty quick if it doesn't get her any attention.

She's a fine back-up mage, and enough of a Cleric for any party I've played.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 09:03 PM   #10
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Jan:
Aerie is the second best spellcaster. Great with a sling.

Jan (annoying as hell) seems pretty good. Will try a game with him in the group. Be careful if you have both Minsc and Jan in the group.

From your name I thought you were a Hard core Jan Fan I guess I shouldn't judge a book by its cover
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote