Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #41
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Your guild still deal with none naxx players Timber?

Because of that stupid earthquake in Taiwan which distrupt internet connection all over east/south east asia I've been getting 6000ms ping in the game.

I've been wanting to join some of my fellow ambitious guild mate to transfer to Dath'remar server. But with the current condition of the net right now means I have to wait for quite some time.

Oh, if some of you wondering why am I still into this game, it is because I have 2 more months of my game time.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #42
Glycerine_74
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Mark my word if I ever step foot in Irvine California, I will not leave it until the HQ of Blizzard Entertainment is in flames.

I absolutely hate that game.
So you hate the game and it's maker because your father is an addict and doesn't have the willpower to stop playing? Yeah, makes perfect sense. Obviously it's all Blizzard's fault that he can't control himself. Give me a break dude, I think you need to direct your hatred more towards the source, not the catalyst.

glyc
Old 01-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #43
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Your guild still deal with none naxx players Timber?
Fully open to friends and family.

And we're not Naxx players. We killed Nefarian and then quit raiding as people took a 2-month break for Burning Crusade.

Well, we quit doing raid progression, anyway. We have continued to do MC and ZG and AQ20 to gear up the newer players.

Lately I've turned to PVP. I got the HWL robe and now I'm gonna get the gloves when I log on tonight. I'm the stone cold murderer of Arathi Basin. I use my felhunter and hunt pallies with a passion. No 41-point talent, still rolling with the SM/Ruin spec and DoTing people up before slowing them with a curse and omgwtf critting them with a monster shadowbolt. Then I make a lunch of their body as a laugh maniacally. /flex
Old 01-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #44
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Come to Dalaran, play Horde. I have a spot in a great guild for you, and we're one of the few guilds that does end-game raiding and has an open arms friends & family policy. A lot of us are also over 25, so it's pretty mature.

The main characters I play are levels 20ish, 40ish, and 60, so I will be able to group with you while levelling up. I've also picked up a second account for the wife to level up on. Also, a lot of guildies are gonna reroll Blood Elves once the Xpac drops on the 16th, so you'll have company leveling up -- and Healadins and Tankadins to keep you alive.

I have characters on other servers, but they're just a diversion, I'm not serious about them.

Click the link in my sig for my name and guild info.

Oh, and if PVP is your thing, that's not our focus, but we do it and do it well:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...60777432&sid=1
That's great mate.

I'll take a Blood Elf on the 16th I guess.... unless I get curious in the meantime. I've played an Orc Hunter and Troll Rogue in Bladefist. Horde definitely rocks!

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #45
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Glycerine_74:
quote:
Mark my word if I ever step foot in Irvine California, I will not leave it until the HQ of Blizzard Entertainment is in flames.

So you hate the game and it's maker because your father is an addict and doesn't have the willpower to stop playing? Yeah, makes perfect sense. Obviously it's all Blizzard's fault that he can't control himself. Give me a break dude, I think you need to direct your hatred more towards the source, not the catalyst.

glyc
[/QUOTE]Give the guy a break. I think that's a logical conclusion for him. He's not going to hate his father now is he? Children of alcoholics hate alcohol. It's natural that people who love someone hate the thing that takes the person they love away. Roger Waters made a career out of expressing his hatred of the war that tok his father away.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #46
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
quote:

glyc
[/QUOTE]You have some nerve to tell me how I should feel when you haven't been in this situation at all. It's absolutely wonderful for you to preach your 'all-knowing' ways, but let me tell you something. You know nothing about my life or my father or myself. Yorick asked for an opinion on the game and I gave it. It really pisses me off when I say something semi-personal and give a firsthand account of what the game can do to you, and then people start attacking me for what I said. If you have a problem with what I said, deal with it. It's my opinion, my life, my thoughts. You can't change that. So next time don't be such an insensitive clod when you know absolutely nothing about the situation.

[ 01-06-2007, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 01-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #47
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

OK SM You have the right to respond in that fashion but I am editing out some of the words.

Guys lets keep the discussion on your opinion of the game, not of SM's opinion of the game and how it has affected his life & family.

Cheers!

[ 01-06-2007, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #48
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
quote:

glyc
[/QUOTE]You have some nerve to tell me how I should feel when you haven't been in this situation at all. It's absolutely wonderful for you to preach your 'all-knowing' ways, but let me tell you something. You know nothing about my life or my father or myself. Yorick asked for an opinion on the game and I gave it. It really pisses me off when I say something semi-personal and give a firsthand account of what the game can do to you, and then people start attacking me for what I said. If you have a problem with what I said, deal with it. It's my opinion, my life, my thoughts. You can't change that. So next time don't be such an insensitive clod when you know absolutely nothing about the situation.
[/QUOTE]I can shed some light on these attacks. You are pinning this problem on one game only. We have all heard the EQ stories etc. This isn't me arguing with you, since I don't live with the situation, but I am merely pointing out that this is the reason you are meeting opposition to the experience you have related. Think of how D&D was at one time labelled "the devil" and how the fans reacted to it.

[ 01-06-2007, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 01-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #49
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

But D&D wasn't build on purpose to get you addicted. I don't think anyone can argue that mmorpgs were made in a way that the more time you play them, the more benefits you get. And that they did their best to have you keep playing as long as possible.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #50
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No, no-one can. They are made to make you keep coming back. But most good products are made in a way that make the customer want to re-use them again and again. D&D was made to be fun...so in a way it was created to "keep you coming back". And for tons of people in the world it has.

Yes, MMO's are more extreme and depend on you logging on. But then, so are cigarettes or coca-cola. So is your local bar. So is returning to TV every night to catch your favourite TV show that left you on a cliffhanger, designed to make you want to return every following night at the same time and god help you if you miss it.

So, I don't disagree with it. I was pointing out to SM the reason he is being met with anger is because his experience involves one game and as a result he hates that game. While it is both a valid and upsetting experience for him, it still is a personal and unique experience.