Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-13-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Getting a character to level 10 and from there on NO QUESTS, NO GRINDING but just going into bg 24/7 until you hit 60. I bet if somebody actually did manage to do that, they would be an unstoppable force because they would know how to play their class very well. If nobody has done this, i am trying it out. made level 13 with a lock so far and it is pretty tough.

Horde ftw [img]smile.gif[/img]

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I've done it with my rogue but I would grind for the early levels (as in level 20-23 and 4-43) so I wouldn't be that much of a target in Bg's when I show up. I was exalted at level 24 with wsg and at 40 with AB. He is 60 now and got the Warlord set but I don't play him much anymore. All I do now is play PVP alts, since 60's pvp is too diverse to be consistent.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I am trying this with my rogue, and he is at lvl 34 atm.

It's fun, but can get a bit tedious at times.

I had more success/fun going from 35-45 with my druid.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:23 AM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

What's your rogues rep with WSG Hive? I only started PVPing mid-20s and mine is nearly honoured (also level 34). I'd love to get revered for the dagger/swords but it's just so tedious with the alliance twinks.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Burnzey keeps creating new toon because he's afraid of raiding on his main.

Which could, of course, have a lot to do with how he grinds fast and spends tons of time in BGs. Hey, burnzey, and everyone else, heed this: The BEST thing you can do to learn your class and play your toon is to do INSTANCES not BGs.

As an added bonus, when you get to 60, you won't be afraid to start raiding.

BGs help a LOT -- they teach you much. But only if you let them.

Instances, however, force you to learn -- because if you don't everyone dies.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #6
Glycerine_74
Dungeon Master

Sounds like it would be fun, if not extremely tedious. Oh and I see we've got our resident "WoW expert" with his comments. This should be mildly entertaining, if not extremely nauseating at the same time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Burnzey keeps creating new toon because he's afraid of raiding on his main.
Well this is rich: Some jag off talking down about fear to someone who plays on a PvP server, when he's playing on a nice and cozy care-bear server. Now that's just funny. Why don't you get a 60 on a PvP server, then come back here and talk some more smack about fear and what not. At least then you will have earned the right. You really are a good laugh, timber.

Quote:
Which could, of course, have a lot to do with how he grinds fast and spends tons of time in BGs. Hey, burnzey, and everyone else, heed this: The BEST thing you can do to learn your class and play your toon is to do INSTANCES not BGs.
This taken from the same person who thinks rogues are "teh overpowered and only need one HP". Yeah, I'd certainly take his advice. "A full set of epics does not a good player make", you and many others are solid proof of that. The best thing one can do to learn their class is a healthy dose of both instances and PvP, but the important thing is to do what you enjoy. Don't listen to elitists who think it's their responsibility to tell everyone else how to play their class. These types of morons are only good for one thing: /ignore

Quote:
As an added bonus, when you get to 60, you won't be afraid to start raiding.
What is there to be afraid of besides boredom? You stand around and do the same crap over and over and over and over again. The first couple of times it may be challenging, after that its just business as usual. The only time I've ever seen a raid wipe in one of the end game instances is either when they are just starting something new, bad luck, or because some moron isn't doing what they are supposed to do.

Quote:
Instances, however, force you to learn -- because if you don't everyone dies.
Good point here, poor execution. Next time try offering helpful advice without trying to tell burnzey how to play his own character or tearing him down for not playing the game the way you think he should. I’ve said my piece; so don’t even bother with any of your idiotic “OMG! STFU! WTF!” crap. I see your name and usually just skip right over it, because I know it’s not worth the time or the tiny amount of brainpower it would require. I don't like the way you rag on other forum members, so I felt some sort of response was justified in this case.

glyc

[ 08-14-2006, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Glycerine_74 ]
Glycerine_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Seriously dude, what's Timber done to deserve a hate-"Your posts are wrong" post everytime he posts in a WoW topic? I'm not trying to brown-nose Timber, or stick up for him like I'm his bitch ( *giggles* ), or anything, and I'm sure he can fight his own battles, but every single topic turns into a mini-flame fest. Can't we just tone it down, and if you don't have anything constructive to add to the topic at hand, other than claiming everything TL says is s*@%, can you just leave this petty little hatred away, or move it to PM so the rest of us can talk nicely about WoW, hating people who gank us and moaning that Dranei in spaceships aren't part of lore, etc. etc. etc.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

First, off, I'm just razzing Burnzey. He's got toons on my server, and I've offered to get him started raiding. I wouldn't do that if I thought anything ill of him as a player. So, gratz on not knowing dick.

I think Burnzey knows I'm just teasing, and if he doesn't, he can surely speak with me on his own. By the by, Burnzey's got a much better pvp game than I do because he has played more characters and does it a lot more. I may raid, but he's got an army of alts. Plus, I owe him a good razzing because the last time he dragged me over to Ashenvale for some late-nite alliance ganking I racked up 3 DKs.

Subpoint A of first point: It's none of your business, nosey.

Second, I thought I instructed you not to talk to me. You don't like me, you don't respect my opinion. I feel the same about you, rest assured. In fact, I think it's proof of your extremely "challenged" intellectual status that you even took the time to take my post seriously, and even worse, fisk it to death.

Two people who feel this way about each other have no business arguing over a forum, annoying the piss out of everyone else. So, end it.

[ 08-14-2006, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 08-14-2006, 07:25 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Glycerine this is your last warning if you contine to flame bait in this manner you will be banned.

I don't know what issue you have with Timber but if this continues then your gone.

[ 08-14-2006, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 08-15-2006, 06:01 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Glycerine_74, Chill dude. People play they way they want. Flaming people on my Forum is *NOT* allowed.

If you have a beef with someone, PM them--and don't be so mean. Would you talk like that to another stranger in person? Nope. Respect.

*agrees with TDC*

/AFK

[ 08-15-2006, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote