Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-18-2003, 07:03 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

G'day fellas, sorry about the stuffaround tonight. I called to make the booking last night for Cafe Sydney at Circular Quay but the only times they could give me were either 6 pm (too early for me to get there from work) or first table after 9:30pm (which I thought was a bit late for you two since you have to commute home - that late night train ride isn't the best experience when you're drunk and just want to get home, and I'm pretty sure the trains stop around 2 am anyway, and you're stuck with having to take the Nightrider after that. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] ). Then I was stuck running a training workshop at work all day and didn't get free till 5 pm.

So anyway...I thought the best thing to show off our beautiful city to Harks was to maybe meet up at Circular Quay on Sunday at around 12:30 or so, outside the wharf where the Manly ferry leaves, then take the ferry to Manly, have a late seafood lunch at Rimini Fish Cafe on the Esplanade facing the beach (no booking needed), then have a few pints at either the Steyne or someplace there before heading back into the city at sunset - the ferry ride back at sunset is quite spectacular.

I've been trying to get in touch with Leonis to no avail, would love to catch up with him as well. Any other Sydney Ironworkers are more than welcome to join us, just PM or email me before Sunday. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-18-2003, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 07-18-2003, 07:11 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

I hope Leonis sees this in time!! Have a good one guys, wish I could be there!
You know Genieboy - really weird but I actually dreamt I was in Sydney this night! Really weird dream though, we (I think it was Seb and me) were sort of half-paddling, half-crawling through a jungle with lots of scary critters and icky little toothy beasts that could rip out chucks of flesh out of your legs... ROFL! Anyway, that wasn't in Sydney in my dream, we were just trying to get there but had to go through this sort of marshy jungle thing. Weeeeeiird dream...

Errr... anyway have fun!

[ 07-18-2003, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 07-18-2003, 07:19 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I hope Leonis sees this in time!! Have a good one guys, wish I could be there!
You know Genieboy - really weird but I actually dreamt I was in Sydney this night! Really weird dream though, we (I think it was Seb and me) were sort of half-paddling, half-crawling through a jungle with lots of scary critters and icky little toothy beasts that could rip out chucks of flesh out of your legs... ROFL! Anyway, that wasn't in Sydney in my dream, we were just trying to get there but had to go through this sort of marshy jungle thing. Weeeeeiird dream...

Errr... anyway have fun!

Sounds like a cool dream, actually!

Old 07-18-2003, 07:53 AM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

just givin a bump here memnoch [img]smile.gif[/img] . the restaurant sounds good.. so is the ferry thing. it would be my first time to ride a ferry here too. . oh well, cant wait

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-18-2003, 07:58 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
just givin a bump here memnoch [img]smile.gif[/img] . the restaurant sounds good.. so is the ferry thing. it would be my first time to ride a ferry here too. . oh well, cant wait
Good stuff, we'll meet outside terminal 4 at around 12-12:30 (cheers to Wellard for letting us know which terminal it was). 11 am might be stretching it a bit - I'm off to a bucks night tomorrow night which will probably be a late one so it might be a struggle for me to get up by then. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

If you're keen for some Sydney nightlife, I can arrange for that too sometime this weekend. Let me know if you're interested.

And the buskers at the Quay are usually quite original, not the usual moneygrubbers you'd be used to in Manila.

Old 07-18-2003, 08:19 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Have fun you guys, and don't do anything i wouldn't do.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:22 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

OK

adjacent the Ferry terminal #4 at circular quay station near the benches. 12.00 noon it is. The trip to manly and that is just the ticket [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bring a jumper Harkolier, it is not quite the philippines weather you are used too, and if the wind turns from the south with the sun going down....brrrr

Looking fwd to it [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-18-2003, 08:24 AM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
errrr is there anything you would not do at least once? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 07-18-2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

Old 07-18-2003, 08:28 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
errrr is there anything you would not do at least once? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Hm.....good point. Well, have fun nonetheless.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:48 AM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

I've pm Kezardin. He is from my neck of the woods. But he is not a frequent visitor so he may not get it in time.

There are about 20 currant members from Australia at Ironworks but only 4 from Sydney. We are outnumbered by Queenslanders [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]