Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-07-2001, 11:00 AM   #1
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Yes after two weeks of waiting my electric guitar has come! YES! For the past 3 days (It came Tuesday.) It came with an amp, case, and tuner. I still haven't figured out everything that amp can do yet. (The instructions are not that great...) I've spent more than four practicing. Yup four hours a day. That thing is addictive. Now I just need some songs to learn. Where should I start looking? Hmm...

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 09-07-2001, 11:09 AM   #2
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

cool RBF!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-07-2001, 11:16 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hooray, RBF!!! I know you're thrilled. What a wonderful piece of news! Thanks for sharing that.

Check on the Internet, say at "Google.com", doing a search for various songs. I've seen a lot of reproduced sheet music on the 'net. I'll see if I can find a site that has a bit of it; if I can, I'll post it up here for you.

Congrats!

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 11:21 AM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

LOL! Have fun, Red!

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 11:33 AM   #5
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Commitment to a musical instrument is a great thing to have, and the Electric guitar is without doubt one of the coolest instruments available. I love the sounds you can get out of it.

Keep us posted on your progress, RBF. I know somebody who visits a lot of music related sites, so if I catch word of some good ones I'll edit the URL's in.

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 09-07-2001, 11:59 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wahoo! Bet you are one excited would-be electric guitarist! Just remember to plug it in, eh? LOL Have lots of fun, but try not to drive the neighbors crazy!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-07-2001, 12:36 PM   #7
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
Yes after two weeks of waiting my electric guitar has come! YES! For the past 3 days (It came Tuesday.) It came with an amp, case, and tuner. I still haven't figured out everything that amp can do yet. (The instructions are not that great...) I've spent more than four practicing. Yup four hours a day. That thing is addictive. Now I just need some songs to learn. Where should I start looking? Hmm...

Alright!!!! That's great news!
Have you decided where to start?
May I suggest old Beatles tunes?
Great stuff, easy to play and gets you going...that is where I started playing the drums...in a year's time (at 6 & 7 years old) I was playing along (flawlessly) to Iron Butterfly's "In A Gadda Davida", The Grass Roots' "I'd Wait A Million Years" and other great *ahem* "oldies" that we had on 45rpm records, as well as trying to build the stamina to play The Surfari's "Wipe Out" (which I never did do because my brother's best friend got a drum set so I was canned for being a girl LOL...my brother decided to quit letting me play his drum set before I got all of "Wipe Out" down so that his friend could surpass me in stamina and talent and "be in the band").
BOYS! HMPH!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-07-2001).]

Old 09-07-2001, 12:42 PM   #8
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
COngrats Redblue! And good luck it took me quite a while to figure out how to play the thing. THe first song I learned was Janes Addictions "Jane Says". Then the REd Hot Chille Pepers "Under the bridge" then some other ones, now I am working on mastering TONY IMOIMES stuff, quite a challenge eh? I have got paroniod down pretty well.

(for those of you who dont know who Tony Imoime is, he is the guitarist for black sabbath...kids these day... )

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-13-2001, 11:52 AM   #9
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Took me long enough to reply to this. The first song i learned was Kakariko Village. You know the song to the village in Zelda. After that I skipped to Dammit by Blink 182. That was a song with powerchords, something just a *little* difficult for a begginer. I'm still learning the second part of that song now! I've been playing for over a year now. Kryptonite, Otherside, Don't fear the reaper, Dust in the wind, and House of the rising sun are some songs i've learned recently.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:08 PM   #10
Moni

Congratulations!
You sound like you are really having some fun with your new "toy"!
That's great!
Some excellent songs in your list there too!
Way to go!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!