Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2003, 01:34 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Hrm...
so i did some experimenting, and i found that they appear to have really screwed over pure class wizards/sorcerers and perhaps other spell casters as well (did not test others yet)

I made a little experiment.
Got all of the same spell feats each time and had the same prime stat each time.
level 40 sorc/wiz...DC weird = 36 dc for the chars
level 20 sorc level 20 fighting = 36 dc again?...
level 20 sorc level 20 cleric = 36 dc again...
So...like whats the point in a level 40 sorc when as a multiclass hell gain *far* more power than if he went pure. Prety much the only downside i can see is the various spells that do not have a limitation on their gain in power per casters level will be weaker - ie premonition will have 200 pts of dmg resist rather than 400, and ill be able to cast each spell fewer times per day *but not that much fewer*
So, the gains of using a secondary class seem to greatly outweigh that loss...
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 02:00 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

They did screw casters over big time.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:33 PM   #3
philip
Galvatron

I wouldn't want to play any arcane spellcaster further than lvl 20. There's no use, better to get some melee damage
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:03 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

The highest DC you can get to beat saves for a lv. 40 arcane spellcaster is around 45. A lv. 40 character can easily come close to that in saves; high saves, ability modifiers, +1 to all saves every other level past level 20, spells and items makes high saves. And since there's no spellcaster PrC that give a boost to your spellcasting instead of diminishing it's power, you either have to depend solely on no-saves spells or multiclass. This might of course not really be an issue in the OC, but for everyone that play on PvP servers it is.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:03 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well, for us on the PVP servers mages are virtually non-existant as they are now weak.
Let's say you have fort, will and reflex (last one isn't all that important) at about 40/50 and have magical resistance (not SR) of about 50 on items and (oh what the hell) make a this guy a monk with lots of free SR. There you got an anti-magic fighter, immune to almost every spell save for the epic rune (which does not do much dmg at all really).

[ 12-28-2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]