Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 09-24-2002, 06:03 AM   #1
badet
Dungeon Master

I've been trying to figure out how i'll know how my level up rolls gets, do i need a add-on or what? i've tried to turn on the "se the rolls button" but that won't help. Im hoping to get a quick answer because im leaving school soon, and my internet @ home doesnt work.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:11 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

If you're talking about the roll that decides how many extra hitpoints you get, just remember your hitpoints before and after the roll and you can see the roll from the score difference. For example, if you had 23 hitpoints and you level up to get 26, there's a difference of three. Assuming your constitution wasn't high or low enough to adjust your roll, it would have been a roll of three. And each time you reload the game before you leveled your character, the value changes as the die is rolled anew.

[ 09-24-2002, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 07:53 AM   #3
badet
Dungeon Master

Thanx. I was reading a tricks and pointers a-z and read something 'bout that, i actually thought that it had something to do with a kind of procentage, because the writer explained something 'bout "if you get a 80%, you should settle with that, beacuse otherwise you will almost be cheating"
Im planning to settle with 50%+, don't want to be somekind of powergamer u see.
What was he insinuating on, when he mentioned the procentage?
Old 09-24-2002, 06:28 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Essentially, if you have a fighter that levels up, s/he can get between 1-10 HP (with an average constitution). So if you level up, and the computer assigns you an extra 5 HP, that's 50%. The writer is suggesting that you reload and try again until you get a better result. 80% in this (rather obvious case I'm sorry) would be 8 HP.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:28 AM   #5
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Look at Lord Brass and his politically correct self...LOL...
Old 09-25-2002, 10:59 AM   #6
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Brass:
Essentially, if you have a fighter that levels up, s/he can get between 1-10 HP (with an average constitution). So if you level up, and the computer assigns you an extra 5 HP, that's 50%. The writer is suggesting that you reload and try again until you get a better result. 80% in this (rather obvious case I'm sorry) would be 8 HP.
And sometimes you will reload the game, level up, say blah, reload the game, level up, say blah...for a very long time if you wait for max hitpoints. Not that I have EVER done THAT!
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 11:17 AM   #7
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

This may just be me but although I am not above sitting at the character generation screen for quite some time I personally believe that once the game is on that is the end of the attempt to maxout every possible trait of the adventurer. Just a personal preference really.