Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-11-2001, 03:44 PM   #1
joetbd
Manshoon

Creatures in BG2 are classified as Ally, Enemy, Controlled, or "GOODBUTBLUE".

What is GoodButBlue?
Old 06-11-2001, 03:49 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Where did you read *those* qualifications?? Not in the game itself I believe...
I suppose allies have a green circle, enemies a red one, controlled means an enemy you have charmed or dominated..... this leaves the goodbutblue which must mean they are neutral, i.e. a cyan circle.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-11-2001, 03:54 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

"Good but Blue" refers to the state of a person. As an example, look at Drizzt--his alignment is, of course, good, but he has a blue circle. All this really means is that he's not likely to attack you and that spells like Holy Smite will have no effect on him or that Detect Evil will return a result of "good" for him. Other than that, GoodButBlue is useless.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 06-11-2001, 04:13 PM   #4
joetbd
Manshoon

Thanks Azred,

So... GoodButBlue, GoodButRed, and GoodButCut are just really a form of Neutral?

And controlled, that is control by me, the enemy, or anyone?

I'm guessing it refers to any creature that does nothing on its own, that they have to be issued orders by another CRE or character. I dont know though.
Old 06-11-2001, 04:57 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Well, joetbd, not really. GoodBut... means just that--alignment of good. When you first find Minsc in the start dungeon his circle is blue; this is GoodButBlue. If he goes berserk or is charmed by someone then he becomes your enemy and is GoodButRed. Any NPC either in your party or charmed by you is "controlled" by you and will have a green circle, regardless of alignment. GoodCutOff refers to any good alignment, Controlled refers to summoned monsters/animals, Charmed is self-explanatory, EvilButBlue is Korgan when you first meet him, etc. Make sense?

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....