Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-23-2003, 11:41 PM   #1
Mr. JC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, here comes the humiliation. I bought wizards and worriors about a week ago, and been (trying)playing it ever since. I'v just sought out the problems of unable to enter buildings and exiting gates in towns due to windows xp, all thanks to this great forum.

And this major problem's bugging me ever since, and out of all the posts i'v been reading, nobody seem to experience the same problem, hmm.... here goes; and yes, it concerns the first quest, the "crypt". Ok, so I fought my way through the skeletons in the grave yard, made my way in front of this building (i think its the crypt). The crypt is shut off my a steel door which was opened by touchin this dog looking statue on the right. Making my way down the stony spiral stairs and hearing the narrator telling me something about the smell, I reach the bottom and a steel door automaticly opens, allowing me to enter the lobby with another steel door at the end of it. And thats the problem, that door just doesnt open!! *sigh*

Help, I realise the first quest should be trivial to most people, but this thing i'm experiencing is driving me nuts! so plz, any suggestion'd be much appreciated.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:47 PM   #2
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

I had the same prob...and it took me half a year to find this board?!?!
okay enough with the history.Go to the left wall and search the shadows you should find a lever.
Glad to be of service.
-Chi Master
Old 01-24-2003, 12:00 AM   #3
Mr. JC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanx a lot chi master!!
Old 01-24-2003, 12:02 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Mr. JC. May the whisper of your name shatter the steel backbone of your foes' resolve.

You've found the number one issue people run into -- that well-hidden lever. Take a good look at it, because any time you see a lever like that, it will switch to something new -- a new level, a new dungeon, a new challenge...

And since you've looked at the Tech Answers thread, you might want to review the Best Tips thread as well. It covers this problem and a host of others that you will run into. It also contains spoilers and gaming tips, so be forewarned... you may learn more than you intended.

But all that aside, run on in to the crypt and send 'em back to hell where they belong
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:33 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

Entering dungeons is a bit nonstandard in W&W. You will always (with one exception) find a closed door in a "transition room" and a lever somehwere near the door. When you click the lever, the game will load the dungeon and you will occur in the same room but with the entrance closed and the door, closed so far, open. Also, you will see another lever at the same place where you have clicked the lever.
You are now in the dungeon. When you want to leave the dungeon, click the lever in the "tansition room" inside the dungeon. The game will load the exterior, the door leading into the dungeon closes and the door out of the dungeon opens. That's all.

Notes:
1. The only exception mentioned above is the Stout Mines dungeon. There is no lever there. The "lever" is a jester sitting behind the bars. "Clicking the lever" is "giving him the Writ". He will give you the Writ back so that you can leave the dungeon giving him the Writ again and so on.
2. Note that there are two "transition rooms": one belonging to the exterior and one belonging to the dungeon. After gaining the teleportation spells, you can place a portal in the "transition room from the exterior" so that you can teleport to the dungeon from everywhere in the exterior and another portal in the "transition room from the dungeon" so that you can teleport to the exit from everywhere in the dungeon.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:02 AM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to The Board, Mr. JC !!!!

Many adventurers...have started, like this

...The lever in the crypt....is ...Easy to miss!

AFAIK....'could'nt find the lever in the crypt'...is the No #1 answer to the question...'Why did you go looking for this board ?'

Well...we're glad you found us...
And we hope you enjoy...the rest of the game...and this board...as much as we do.

Have fun...and keep us posted.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:16 AM   #7
Dave B.
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Mr. JC, welcome to the Board.

This represents what I like most about this board, it's quite open, very friendly and everyone admits that the game is very complex and that at some stage we all will miss something which is quite obvious to others.

I passed the crypt entrance test but spent an hours drowning in the tunnel entrance to Shurgeon Castle because I had not realised their was another tunnel with a grate behind me and that was the one which had the lever and hence was the way out.

DOH!!!
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:46 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Mr. JC!!!

You are officially initiated!! Soooo many players have had trouble with that second door in the Crypt! The good news is now that you know about the levers, you'll find them easiler to find in the other dungeons as you continue to play!

So there is no humiliation - just a welcome to the club!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 08:53 PM   #9
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

I forgot to say WELCOME