Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Various WoW Stuff

Some questions and queries...

Is it possible to craft a Shield? Or do they suffer the same fate as Bows?
~~~~ ~~~~

How do I create a macro so that when I select a player, I just need to click on an actionbar button to send a whispered message to him/her? The various FAQs out there don't seem to cover this part...

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #12
Lavindathar
Harper

Default Re: Various WoW Stuff

You can't craft Shields.

And the whipers macro i cant work out yet.

I'll have a look...if its a predetermined person - /w [ultemicia] Hi would send them hi
Old 09-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee Slaytern View Post
Some questions and queries...

How do I create a macro so that when I select a player, I just need to click on an actionbar button to send a whispered message to him/her? The various FAQs out there don't seem to cover this part...
Easier to right click on their portrait or type " /w[name] [message.]"
Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
Easier to right click on their portrait or type " /w[name] [message.]"
I would prefer a macro because I am needing it for trade/skill-ing reasons. Yelling like a desperado seldom yield results, and I have found that taking the time to add a personal touch by asking person by person individually, and politely, usually nets me a 99.99% hit-rate thus far.

It is however, a major pain to right click since I may also need to run after the person, who doesn't know I'm trying to talk to him/her yet. Having a functional macro will greatly aid me.

Cheers.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I would prefer a macro because I am needing it for trade/skill-ing reasons. Yelling like a desperado seldom yield results, and I have found that taking the time to add a personal touch by asking person by person individually, and politely, usually nets me a 99.99% hit-rate thus far.

It is however, a major pain to right click since I may also need to run after the person, who doesn't know I'm trying to talk to him/her yet. Having a functional macro will greatly aid me.

Cheers.
Interesting that you get a 99.99% rate on skill-ups by private whispers mate. I would have thought that would have the opposite effect - unsolicited soliciting, if you like. Are you giving services away for skill-ups?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Interesting that you get a 99.99% rate on skill-ups by private whispers mate. I would have thought that would have the opposite effect - unsolicited soliciting, if you like. Are you giving services away for skill-ups?
It's mainly for my Enchanter alt.

While mass enchanting the same bloody bracer over and over again may be faster, I get no profit and just bleed gold (both potential and actual) away. I have found it to be more economical to actually ask high-levelled players who have many BoP items, but no enchantments on them, to let me enchant their items.

I usually state that it is for free, but blessed be the Western culture of tipping. I usually earn a fee in exchange, even if it is only a +5 Stamina enchantment. I stated in an earlier post that my Enchanter was bleeding gold. Well, although she is by no means rolling in the dough, she has finally started to gain a positive income recently, and not depend on my main as a crutch for financial means.

Cheers.

Last edited by Dundee Slaytern; 09-08-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #17
Lavindathar
Harper

Well, no such macro exists.

If you've inspected them, taking the time to right click whisper takes no time at all.

If they run off, it takes a second to type /w Ultemicia Hi there etc etc

And if they post in trade looking for enchants, just click there name
Old 09-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #18
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:

While mass enchanting the same bloody bracer over and over again may be faster, I get no profit and just bleed gold (both potential and actual) away. I have found it to be more economical to actually ask high-levelled players who have many BoP items, but no enchantments on them, to let me enchant their items.

I usually state that it is for free, but blessed be the Western culture of tipping. I usually earn a fee in exchange, even if it is only a +5 Stamina enchantment. I stated in an earlier post that my Enchanter was bleeding gold. Well, although she is by no means rolling in the dough, she has finally started to gain a positive income recently, and not depend on my main as a crutch for financial means.

Cheers.
That's how I leveled my enchanting too, and earn a few coins along the way.

Aye, bless be the western culture of tipping.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Cheers.
That's the whole point of levelling alts with alternate professions - they should help you little internal economy. I have many mid-level alts (up to 35 at least) that can mine and skin to sell in the AH, another one to disenchant greens and blues my high level guy finds in instances, etc.

As for the macro, I would imagine you would have to figure out how to say something along the lines of:

/w {target} or something along those lines

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #20
Lavindathar
Harper

Most of my money atm comes from my Alchemist alt with Xmute mastery.

Those meta gems make me a packet. Enough so that I dont even do dailies anymore.

In total I have a

375 Tailor
375 Enchanter
375 Blacksmith
375 Miner
375 Herbalist
375 Alchemist

And my Rogue is 300 Leatherworking 300 skinning atm.

Got all the bases covered, except JC