Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2004, 05:13 PM   #21
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Glad to see you had such fun Mel. You are right about the time being too short to do things justice, wrong about the need for the Ashes to remain at Lords, right about Italy being hot, wrong about Scotland being cold in July - oh - and I liked the Ponte Vecchio . Did you get any photo's of the David from his feet angled upwards like I suggested .
LOL, well I did say for half an hour - the force of the argument is a little dimmer now . And no! We couldn't because you weren't allowed to take photos in the galleria, and they had people around watching everyone like hawks so you couldn't slip a photo.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:39 PM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
but it's really there that you see the biggest difference between the Paris skyline and the London one. They both probably have the same number of lovely old buildings, but where in Paris there are hardly any really ugly buildings (you can't see Pompidou from on top of the Arc! ), in London there are lots, which makes the view a little less beautiful.
Sore point AJ - you can thank the Germans for this!!!!!!!!

This shows how lucky you were to have the chance to visit St Pauls.

This is possibly the most famous picture of The Blitz.. On this night an incendiary bomb lodged in the dome of St Paul's but failed to detonate.

[ 07-27-2004, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-27-2004, 06:42 PM   #23
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Glad to see you had such fun Mel. You are right about the time being too short to do things justice, wrong about the need for the Ashes to remain at Lords, right about Italy being hot, wrong about Scotland being cold in July - oh - and I liked the Ponte Vecchio . Did you get any photo's of the David from his feet angled upwards like I suggested .
It's Lord's - NOT Lords!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-28-2004, 11:24 AM   #24
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Is that the Brittish spelling
Old 07-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #25
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And you did not visit Norway??? lol anyway great story Aelia i'm sure you had a great trip more pics would be nice! [img]smile.gif[/img]