Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 02:11 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

as some of you may know, my friend has two cats that are jealous at each other and are having problems getting along.

Oct 31th is her birthday, I planned to get a rabbit, but I am concerned about if she has enough effort to take care the extra thingie... I mean, peace keeping for the two angry kittens is already a lot to do, will an extra rabbit add more problems?

any pet owners have anything to say on this? thanks!
Old 10-23-2001, 02:14 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, from what I've seen, rabbits can more or less take care of themselves if given an area to roam in and food and water, they do like to be cuddled occasionally, but it seems as though they don't need it as much as some pets.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:14 PM   #3
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Will the rabbit and the cats come in contact with each other? Is this about cats or your character? What about Zimbabway?

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-23-2001, 02:17 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well, I have seen many situations where rabbits got anlong with cats perfectly well, but I would suggest you to be careful, anyway. How well-behaved are the cats? Do they like being outdoors and maybe hunt for birds or mice? Especially if they're young and playful, they can (unintentionally or not) hurt the rabbit.
It also depends on what kind of rabbit you are planning on buying. Personally I love the really small races, but they are quite often shy or nervous, and take lots of gentleness and patience to tame. If you want it to be the petting-cuddling kind of bunny, I'd advice a larger, more 'slow' race. By slow I mean one of those kind of dull-wittedbeasts that allow themselves to be picked up at all times. I have a dwarf rabbit myself and NO WAY will it let me pick it up - me and my sister/mother are the only ones allowed to even pet it.

Also, did your friend tell you she would like a rabbit? Pets can be a lot of work, and I think you need to make sure she's willing to put in the effort.
Hope this helps

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-23-2001, 02:17 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

As long as you keep the rabbit as far away from the cats as possible there shouldn't be any problems whatsoever. I know lots of people who have done this. Heck, I know people with cats, dogs, birds, rabbits and fish in their house and they seem to manage. I'm sure you can too, two fiffee

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-23-2001, 03:19 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
As long as you keep the rabbit as far away from the cats as possible there shouldn't be any problems whatsoever. I know lots of people who have done this. Heck, I know people with cats, dogs, birds, rabbits and fish in their house and they seem to manage. I'm sure you can too, two fiffee

but he's not the one who has the pets - it's his friend! And since he didn't tell us whether this friend specifically asked for a rabbit for her birthday, I think you should consider whether she has the time and patience for it.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-23-2001, 03:22 PM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
but he's not the one who has the pets - it's his friend! And since he didn't tell us whether this friend specifically asked for a rabbit for her birthday, I think you should consider whether she has the time and patience for it.

Well excuuuse me! Gosh.... one must watch one's words when Mel's around....

------------------

Old 10-23-2001, 03:26 PM   #8
Cerise
Dungeon Master

Has your friend asked or wished for a rabbit .... I love them but I dont have the time or the inclination to own one. I have to say the kittens are probably a handful ... take your friend out for a meal or to the cinema *smiles*

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
as some of you may know, my friend has two cats that are jealous at each other and are having problems getting along.

Oct 31th is her birthday, I planned to get a rabbit, but I am concerned about if she has enough effort to take care the extra thingie... I mean, peace keeping for the two angry kittens is already a lot to do, will an extra rabbit add more problems?

any pet owners have anything to say on this? thanks!
Old 10-23-2001, 03:28 PM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:

Well excuuuse me! Gosh.... one must watch one's words when Mel's around....

*sigh* are we going to start this all over again?
Could you please point out to me what exactly was it in my post that makes you react in such a way?
And yes, I do notice the "" at the end, but my post had a smiley at the end as well and that didn't stop yuo from responding in such a way.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-23-2001, 03:34 PM   #10
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
*sigh* are we going to start this all over again?
Could you please point out to me what exactly was it in my post that makes you react in such a way?
And yes, I do notice the "" at the end, but my post had a smiley at the end as well and that didn't stop yuo from responding in such a way.

Oh Mel I'm only kidding, please don't get mad I just like to rib people sometimes just for the fun of it

------------------