Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 09:55 AM   #11
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Good question, there. I didn't know there'd be more than one version...PROBABLY the first one. It's gone through so many changes, it's hard to tell. Let's see....right now: DeCook, then back one: de Coch, then: de Cocke, so I'm pretty sure originally De Cock.

And no big hurry on the looking. If you can find something, great, if not - still great. You're still the BEST! (((hugs))) I'll track it down either way. I just think you may get better 'hits' on searches for places in France for me to look. Records, etc. I've got to compile the list of names/ancestry while my Dad still remembers them.
Additionally, do you have any idea about where in Frence you family originated ? Because I know there are local genealogy Web sites for most of the France areas.

BTW, I may find sites in French, in that case I'll be happy to translate for you.

Just indulge me (:laugh :

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-23-2001, 10:06 AM   #12
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Additionally, do you have any idea about where in Frence you family originated ? Because I know there are local genealogy Web sites for most of the France areas.

BTW, I may find sites in French, in that case I'll be happy to translate for you.
[/IMG]
NEAT PIC! I'll see if my father knows and if he knows if (probably did) we had lands, etc. You're such a dear!!! And thank YOU for the offer of help, too!

And LOOK! Absynthe has arrived!!!! YAY!!!! *crosses fingers hoping Absynthe can help*
Old 10-23-2001, 10:07 AM   #13
Absynthe

I will do my best, DM.

Old 10-23-2001, 10:23 AM   #14
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Lady Moiraine, I will be in Las Vegas from the 27th to the 31st. Is there something I could do for you? Just let me know, I will be happy to help...

Absynthe, aspiring knight errant.
Quote:
I will do my best, DM.
Absynthe !

Read my earlier thread about my big dream, and my header post on this thread, and you'll know what I am searching for !

I know it's a lot to ask for ... but if you would knightly come to my rescue, you would be greatly rewarded !

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 10:26 AM   #15
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
NEAT PIC! I'll see if my father knows and if he knows if (probably did) we had lands, etc. You're such a dear!!! And thank YOU for the offer of help, too!

And LOOK! Absynthe has arrived!!!! YAY!!!! *crosses fingers hoping Absynthe can help*
You're welcome, DragonMage , and any additional information like dates (births, weddings, deaths, ...), first names, areas and city names, ... would help the search as well.

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 10:31 AM   #16
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
You're welcome, DragonMage , and any additional information like dates (births, weddings, deaths, ...), first names, areas and city names, ... would help the seach as well.
OK! Will see what I can dig up! (((hugs))) and !! (do the French still do the one on each cheek thing? )
Old 10-23-2001, 10:34 AM   #17
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
OK! Will see what I can dig up! (((hugs))) and !! (do the French still do the one on each cheek thing? )

LOL It's more complicated than that - in some parts of France we do two kisses, one on each cheek, in other parts three kisses, and in yet other parts it's four.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-23-2001, 10:43 AM   #18
Absynthe

Hello Moiraine, i have just e-mailed my RSVP for the dinner in Las Vegas. As soon as I hear from them, I will post here.
In the meantime, I will shine my armor, sharpen my sword, and ready my stallion...

Old 10-23-2001, 10:53 AM   #19
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:

LOL It's more complicated than that - in some parts of France we do two kisses, one on each cheek, in other parts three kisses, and in yet other parts it's four.
OH MY! Then maybe the affectionate side of me is just my bloodline showing through! I just LOVE hugs and kisses! And maybe in France, I won't have people misunderstanding all those hugs and kisses (men here sometimes just don't understand that there CAN be friendly hugs and kisses! )

P.S. - YAY and GOODIE!!!! Sir Absynthe to the rescue!!!! (((hugs and smoochies)))

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 11:07 AM   #20
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Hello Moiraine, i have just e-mailed my RSVP for the dinner in Las Vegas. As soon as I hear from them, I will post here.
In the meantime, I will shine my armor, sharpen my sword, and ready my stallion...
You are an absolute ANGEL !

Now I hope you won't spend a dreadfully boring evening ...

Now mail me your snail mail address, that I can properly reward you.

------------------

The world is my oyster !