Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2001, 09:10 AM   #21
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
I'm an Atheďst and even I see that Dramnek's post was Flamebait
You could express what you thought with other words
And Dram People ghet as easily banned for Flambating as for Flaming itself
I should know

yeah, you shed the light, buddy no one knows better than you on this, nope, not even me
sorry, take it as a good laugh hope you well?

good example too!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 09:15 AM   #22
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
yeah, you shed the light, buddy no one knows better than you on this, nope, not even me
sorry, take it as a good laugh hope you well?

good example too!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-21-2001).]
Suure
'How's stuff with that SF (San Fran not Sci-fi) girl btw?

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Druidic Sorcerer of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Spam Sentinal of the Ironworks
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-21-2001, 10:55 AM   #23
Jorath Calar
Harper

While I won't call myself an atheist, more a really unreligious person I respect others peoples belief, as long as they keep it to themselves. Dramnek's post could have been more carefully written but I don't say I disagree with all f it...

------------------
Old 10-21-2001, 01:14 PM   #24
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
While I won't call myself an atheist, more a really unreligious person I respect others peoples belief, as long as they keep it to themselves. Dramnek's post could have been more carefully written but I don't say I disagree with all f it...

Ah! The white wording in you sig is MUCH better than the dark lettering.

As for your comments... I am inclined to agree that Dramnek's wording could have been more diplomatic...!! I also agree with SOME of what he said, though by no means all, and in any case he has as much right to express an opinion as anyone else.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-21-2001, 02:35 PM   #25
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I have no idea what it was that Dramnek originally posted to provoke Yorick's response. However, Yorick, no matter how strongly you feel about something, it simply is not done to call someone a "twat" on a public forum. That is a very crude and vulgar word, and should not be used in any polite online discourse.

I have a feeling BOTH of you owe each other an apology. It is fine to defend one's position, beliefs, and opinions...but stooping to attack each other personally is just plain WRONG. Not only that, but it's against forum policy as well.

------------------
Old 10-21-2001, 06:16 PM   #26
tracey
Manshoon

i don't understand why pointing out someone's illogicality is flamebaiting.

religious belief is not sacrosant and anyone willing to discuss their beliefs on a public forum should realise that said beliefs are open to challenge. anyone disagreeing with the 'sainted' yorick ought not to be lambasted.

i also find it rather annoying that although dramnek's intelligence, age and genitalia were insulted, the response to giving yorick an 'oi, pack it in' were couched in 'a bit out of line mate', apologetic language. however, this thread is also a bit dodgy, we've all had an oportunity to step into what should have been private matter. between two people who would sort out their differences in a dignified manner away from the gaze of forum members.

that said, who can resist a peek!

------------------

offended mistress of the illuminati
Old 10-21-2001, 06:36 PM   #27
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
i don't understand why pointing out someone's illogicality is flamebaiting.

religious belief is not sacrosant and anyone willing to discuss their beliefs on a public forum should realise that said beliefs are open to challenge. anyone disagreeing with the 'sainted' yorick ought not to be lambasted.

i also find it rather annoying that although dramnek's intelligence, age and genitalia were insulted, the response to giving yorick an 'oi, pack it in' were couched in 'a bit out of line mate', apologetic language. however, this thread is also a bit dodgy, we've all had an oportunity to step into what should have been private matter. between two people who would sort out their differences in a dignified manner away from the gaze of forum members.

that said, who can resist a peek!

Thats my girl!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-21-2001, 09:05 PM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

This is so correct. I shouldn't have called him a twat, a wonderboy or implied he was nine.

This post had a go at his ideas though not him:

Quote:
Dramnek put up a paper thin bunch of regurgitated sentances that said nothing other than wild speculation into the basis for believer's belief motives. Something totally beyond his experience or questionable quantificational qualifications and quite quaintly quacky and queer if you ask me.
I even attempted humour! Basically he was talking about things outside his experience. As a nonbeliever, he cannot know why a believer believes anything. Of course he finds the ideas illogical. He's a nonbeliever. I find the ideas logical. I'm a believer. Isn't this obvious?

This also had a go at the ideas, not him:
Quote:
If your posts weren't so devoid of anything resembling fact or logic they would be insulting, inflammatory and racist. As it is they are amusing....You even know how I think! Wow!
Yes I know I shouldn't have called him names, but heck. My patience has a limit. The names were kind of humorous. In person, given an Aussie accented tone and a gentle punch in the arm, the words would have been softer. I truly believe he is a child. I don't want to make a child feel bad. I genuinely wanted to know his age so I knew how best to react.

Perhaps I should have said this:

"Dramnek your ideas are emotion based and not founded on logic or information, but on misinformation, miseducation and a failure to grasp alternate mindsets to your own."

Is this better.

BTW guys, in future remind me to stop wearing that bullseye shirt won't you.

------------------
Old 10-21-2001, 09:16 PM   #29
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Oh yeah, I also had no idea 'twat' meant what it did until Sazeracs post. Thankyou mate.

I understood it to mean, and used it in the context of "Rashly speaking yet misinformed person of slow wit" NOT female genetalia. Sorry if this offended.

------------------
Old 10-21-2001, 11:01 PM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:

i also find it rather annoying that although dramnek's intelligence, age and genitalia were insulted, the response to giving yorick an 'oi, pack it in' were couched in 'a bit out of line mate', apologetic language.
I hope you're not accusing any of us of favoritism, tracey.

People like Yorick (and Fljotsdale, Cloudbringer, Silver Cheetah and Diogenes to name just a few) are regular posters here and as such have developed a history over the course of their membership here as to what type of people they are. It would be unfair to give Yorick a public flogging over this as I know him to be normally a very polite and courteous person. I did the same with Fljotsdale when she flamed KHaN a few weeks ago (without realizing she did).

This is just human nature, tracey. The same rules STILL apply to them and they still have to abide by them (same as everyone else) but the way this message is communicated depends on the situation. What's important is that the message is put across and is applied for the future.

Then again, I do try to be gentle with most people. I'd hate to be called a forum tyrant because I'm not (contrary to what most people seem to think lately).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-22-2001).]