Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2001, 06:05 PM   #11
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
*Snort* *Giggle* Which of the two was it that he buried? Poor guy

Both! The tartantula in the back yard, and his willie probably pulled back and hid up by his bellybutton! LOL!!

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-18-2001, 09:11 PM   #12
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Both! The tartantula in the back yard, and his willie probably pulled back and hid up by his bellybutton! LOL!!

Do tarantulas have poisonous bites?

Old 10-19-2001, 03:37 AM   #13
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Very poisonous, but to have a pet one you would have it de-venomed.
P.S I've been waiting for ages for a thread like this
CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS are the greatest pet in the world.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-19-2001, 08:12 AM   #14
Byronas

Quote:
You're lucky Ziroc. You can have pets. I've developed nasty allergies to most furry things. I tried them all. Dogs, cat(looked like choc), and even ferrets. I had to find good homes for all of them. I started getting an athsmatic reaction. Now I can't even stay in someones house for too long who has pets. If I play with an animal I have to wash my hands afterward. It sucks!
I'm glad you can have fun with pets though!

That must really hurts you.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-19-2001, 08:31 AM   #15
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Actually I'm allergic to the proteins found in cat and dog saliva, dander, and waste. It's unlikely that there's a particular breed I wouldn't have some problems with. My reactions are fairly severe to cats in particular. Constant sneezing, whites of the eyes get swollen along with the eyelids, sore throat, athsmatic reaction. If I get a scratch from a cat it swells ito a welt. Skin red if they lick.

Thats really terrible, Sir Kenyth!!

Have you tried de-sensitization injections?
I've just finished a course of 14 shots over the last few weeks for my allergies ( grass, pollen, and fungus ) They made me a bit ill after each shot, but the long term effects are WELL worth the trouble.

Pangur Ban

------------------
-------------------------------------------

( Insert picture of hissing cat with arched back and bristling tail here .... )

-------------------------------------------
"Sad is the society where people may walk their dogs in public without wearing a helmet and protective kneepads ...."
Old 10-19-2001, 10:08 AM   #16
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
Thats really terrible, Sir Kenyth!!

Have you tried de-sensitization injections?
I've just finished a course of 14 shots over the last few weeks for my allergies ( grass, pollen, and fungus ) They made me a bit ill after each shot, but the long term effects are WELL worth the trouble.

Pangur Ban

I've been thinking about it. The doctor recommends just staying away from the allergens. The problem is most of my family and freinds have pets, and I can't resist playing with them just a little. I'm not sure if my insurance will cover them. They may try the pre-existing condition thing.

Old 10-19-2001, 10:17 AM   #17
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Do tarantulas have poisonous bites?

Actually, from what I understand, the varieties used for pets do have venom about as bad as a bee sting. They have been extensively handled by people and don't have to hunt so they don't bite as readily as one found in the wild. Venomous animals also don't necessarily inject venom with every bite. Their venom is meant to subdue their food. Since it takes them time and energy to regenerate the venom, they don't use it indiscriminately. They call it dry biting.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-19-2001, 10:44 AM   #18
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quoting Sir Kenyth: I've been thinking about it. The doctor recommends just staying away from the allergens. The problem is most of my family and freinds have pets, and I can't resist playing with them just a little. I'm not sure if my insurance will cover them. They may try the pre-existing condition thing. (end quote)

Umm...not to encourage deception, but depending on what doctor/s you have been to about this previously, you might be able to beat that wrap by telling your doctor (or a new one) that you've never been allergic before. That it just started happening. Just a possibility depending on your previous medical visits.

I know I'd do just about anything to make sure I could have pets - especially cats.