Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-24-2001, 01:48 PM   #271
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Caleb pounds on the walls and yells obscenitys. Hopefully the other prisoners will be able to locate each other this way....

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-24-2001, 02:03 PM   #272
Melusine
Dracolisk

~Melusine cocks a pointy ear. She was sure she heard...yes! there it is again! A faint sound, a squeaky voice...someone is calling out!....but wait, isn't that...? Suddenly she turns bright red. Oh yes, it most definitely is... only the Doughboy knows terms of such utter vileness! She springs up and flaps up to the window: "Caleb!", she cries, "can you hear me? Caleb!! Skye? Jabidas? Tancred?" After some hesitation, she adds, "Tiax?" Then, she hears a voice calling her name closeby... it is Skye! "Skye? Are you alright?" Before Skye can answer, the Doughboy's stream of obscenities suddenly ends in a loud 'whack', followed by the hollow boom of a cell door smacked close. Heavy footsteps are approaching... "Skye, quiet!" warns the elf..., "someone's coming!"~

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-24-2001, 02:11 PM   #273
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

The sorceror enters and grabs Wah by the collar.

"DO YOU SEE!! DO YOU SEE!" he screams, with rancid breath.

Wah is totally shock, but he is aware of eyes being watched all around him. He trembles as one of the sorcerors mutter some arcane spell and lightly picked up a dagger. He stabs it into Wah's left shoulder.

"Ughh!"

He stabs again.

"AAAARGH!! OH GOD! MAN, OH GOD!"

"That's enough" whispered one of the outer wizards. "This one is strong, I sense that he is no ordinary mortal, even though he may look like one - we'll take care of him later!"

"Yes Sire" replied the sorceror.

They fling Wah back to his cell and watch the Arch Lich slap hard onto the wall, he blacks out and desparately tries to stand up - but his right ankle has been twisted (he collaspes)

There is still............no escape.

------------------
Old 06-24-2001, 02:24 PM   #274
Grinch
The Magister

The Paladin awakens in the dank cell and makes a quick inventory of his possessions. He notes that his Holy Avenger is gone ,cries briefly,he still has his armor,the ring of Gaxx,and his pouch made from the scrotum of John Irenicus.
His hand finds one more thing snugged into the back of his belt, Crom Feyr.
"I am armed and amored,by Helm, there is yet hope". Reasoning that other prisoners might be incarcelled nearby. He smacks a nearby block to see if he might signal another and thereby begin plotting their excape. Comr Feyr strikes the block ripping it free from the mortar and sending it flying across the adjoining cell to ricochet off the wall. Screams and curses are heard from the hole.
"Hello and well met?",calls out the Paladin hopefully..

------------------
Grinch
Old 06-24-2001, 05:34 PM   #275
Lord Shield

ok. There is a chain and manacle on one leg. Hands are bound with rope. Your lockpicking attempt is futile on the collars - you cannot find the clasp, which is strange - if you can get back to the bar, the Old Ones should be able to remove them tho
Wah's manacles shatter fro mhis cold touch, but the manacle is still there. Wah is unsure if summoning undead counts as a spell for the purposes of the manacle
Outside the cell, are two motionless statues - they look to be made of Iron - you guys recognise Iron Golems when you see them

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 06-24-2001).]

Old 06-24-2001, 06:23 PM   #276
Grinch
The Magister

Even with his hands bound the Paladin is able to lift Crom Feyr and shatter his chain,using the sharp end of the broken shackle he severs the ropes binding his hands and he stand free. Looking through the bars of his cell he spots two iron golems.
"Ah",he mutters,"simple math, two golems plus Crom Feyr equal dead golems. The question is should I shatter the door and attempt my escape,or will this accursed collar strike me down? And what of the others? And more importantly,what of my steak and eggs?"

------------------
Grinch
Old 06-24-2001, 06:27 PM   #277
Tancred
White Dragon

Tancred awakes.
He hangs from the cold wall, arms bound by secure chain, a collar biting around his neck. Blood drips from his aching mouth, and there are bruises on his body he doesn't remember getting. His head swims, trying to piece together where he is. He remembers the pirates... killing... the bar, but noone is there with him. His vision is clouded and blurred from tears and fatigue.
He hangs there for an hour, a day, a year - impossible to tell. The paladin's mind begins to wander hither and thither, delusions creep in from around him. Is this a dream? Is this reality? Am I dead, and in Hell? Did the pirates kill me? He struggles to find a point of reference - and realises he's still wearing his thermals. Clutching on to this small piece of apparent continuity, the assumption of capture upon Titan presents itself for examination and is judged likely.
Time passes, and familiar voices drift down to the paladin's ears. He can hear soft, slightly feminine voices - and strains to make out words, tones. Recognition remains out of his grasp, but only just - he *knows* he knows those voices, but he cannot remember who they belong to.
Another eternity, and his vision begins to clear. Across the darkened room he can see, at last, a familiar shape. There are bars to this cell, and a small trickling of light - and beyond the bars, propped up against the wall, he can see his sword, Karnas. The blade is silent.
"Karnas!" Tancred pauses in surprise as his voice emerges hoarse and dry. He tries again, forcing the words through. "Karnas! Are you there?"
The sword seems to move a few millimetres across the wall - or is that only my imagination, wonders the Paladin?
"Karnas, listen to me! Do you know where we are?"
Again, the sword remains silent. A thought strikes Tancred - is it possible for a sword to be rendered unconscious?
"KARNAS!" The words are painful. "KARNAS! WAKE UP!"
There is a few minutes' silence as a suspicion turns into a full-blown fear.
"Karnas?"
The cold facts line up in Tancred's mind. The sword is silent. The room is dark - Karnas isn't glowing. Why would anyone just leave a sword of such power against a cell wall?
A moan of sorrow escapes past Tancred's lips as he realises the truth. He strains at his chains in a futile effort to reach the sword, the tears flowing again. Between sobs, he mouths a prayer for his friend's departed soul.
Karnas is dead.
Old 06-24-2001, 06:49 PM   #278
Lord Shield

OOC: the collars don't respond to physical actions. And Karnas is too cool to be killed. we love him
Removed Karnas reference to allow for Tancred's performance
------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-24-2001, 06:53 PM   #279
Melusine
Dracolisk

OOC
EDITED so Tancred can have his Oscar
[...]He's the funniest guy in the Bar, I swear I had tears in my eyes when I read your post

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 06:59 PM   #280
Tancred
White Dragon

OOC: I just love this way everyone kind of treats Karnas as a pivotal character. And to think I introduced the talking sword idea as a kind of one-shot comic relief...

Trust me, Shield, Mel. Even I'm not annoyed enough at the sometimes amusing, sometimes irritating rapier-like wit of Karnas to kill him off PERMANENTLY.