Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-18-2001, 09:10 PM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I used to have a program lying around that would allow you to use such programs indefinetily, can't remember where I put it though.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:16 PM   #12
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

usually when I DL programs like that I get the installer, and then it works 30 days installed....the after thirty days, I just uninstall it and reinstall it from the file I downloaded and viola I have another 30 days. Somehow or other I tricked netzip into always working even though it is expired *shrugs*

Prime
Old 10-18-2001, 11:08 PM   #13
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

CD Writer + www.gamecopyworld.com + EB's 10 day no refund = Happy Ace... crime has never been this cheap

[This message has been edited by Ace Flashheart (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 11:22 PM   #14
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Bah, just set the date back.

I thought about using a crack before. But decided agaisnt it.

Of course there is the perfectly legal way, paying for it.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!
Old 10-19-2001, 11:45 AM   #15
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I find most folks who crack software, wouldn't have bought it to begin with. The only thing that keeps me from buying games is the price 40-50 bucks for a CD is a bit steep. If games were about 25$ I would buy a lot more of them. 40$ wouldn't even be bad if all the games were good. Unfortunately, about 1 out of 3 games I buy is Ho-hum or total trash. The last big mistake I made was buying Odium. I didn't think it was possible for a game to suck so bad! Talk about a total waste of money! I also bought Age of Empires and was a bit disappointed. It was OK, but nothing special if you've played starcraft. Your research tree disappears quickly and the strategy wasn't too hard to figure out. It would probably be better to play against someone on a network.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-19-2001, 12:08 PM   #16
Garnet

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
I find most folks who crack software, wouldn't have bought it to begin with. The only thing that keeps me from buying games is the price 40-50 bucks for a CD is a bit steep. If games were about 25$ I would buy a lot more of them. 40$ wouldn't even be bad if all the games were good. Unfortunately, about 1 out of 3 games I buy is Ho-hum or total trash. The last big mistake I made was buying Odium. I didn't think it was possible for a game to suck so bad! Talk about a total waste of money! I also bought Age of Empires and was a bit disappointed. It was OK, but nothing special if you've played starcraft. Your research tree disappears quickly and the strategy wasn't too hard to figure out. It would probably be better to play against someone on a network.

::nods:: Hubby got Odium. Definite yuck. He plays it (goes against the grain to spend good money and let the stupid thing just sit) but doesn't enjoy it much. And the kids won't even touch it--so you know it must suck!

What I can't figure (naive alert) is why Shadow of Amn cost $50 or so when ToB is only like $30. ????? Maybe I'm just simple-minded.

Garnet

Old 10-19-2001, 12:11 PM   #17
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

A lot more work went into SOA. They had to redo the entire game system. TOB is just new areas, chars., and items to plug into the SOA game system.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-19-2001, 01:38 PM   #18
Legolas the Elven Archer

Nonetheless, sometimes the prices ARE weird. When I bought Baldur's Gate 1 (most of the reason why I got here, lots of free extra's with the game ) just buying BG1 would have been more expensive than buying BG1 including TOTSC...
Guess which one I took home with me

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings