Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2002, 10:58 AM   #1
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, but check out the new intro movie to Neverwinter Nights. It's a pretty hefty download for those of us on dial-up, but well worth it.

Below is a link that will give you some dowload links.

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/nev...0x240.zip.html

Compared to the Morrowind movie released earlier, the Neverwinter Nights trailer is awesome.

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/es3...small.zip.html
Old 03-26-2002, 11:08 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Father Bronze:
I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, but check out the new intro movie to Neverwinter Nights. It's a pretty hefty download for those of us on dial-up, but well worth it.

Below is a link that will give you some dowload links.

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/nev...0x240.zip.html

Compared to the Morrowind movie released earlier, the Neverwinter Nights trailer is awesome.

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/es3...small.zip.html
[/QUOTE ]

Oh man, I know! I saw it too!!! Totally sucks we have to wait till May or June for NWN! UGH!

I guess Dungeon Siege will hold us off till then (And Arx AND Morrowind)--man, it's a good time to be alive! SO many sweet RPG's coming out!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 03-26-2002, 11:12 AM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I guess Dungeon Siege will hold us off till then (And Arx AND Morrowind)--man, it's a good time to be alive! SO many sweet RPG's coming out!
Too bad that we can't download them all for free though... It's going to be kinda costly to buy all those three games, and I am DEFINITELY getting Morrowind, probably Dungeon Siege as well, not so sure about Arx though.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:51 AM   #4
Thoran
Galvatron

Just a note that this is only an cg animation... not a video of gameplay (you dialup guys can save your bandwidth). It's nice but I've seen much better animations . I personally find it scary that they're putting out video's instead of caps of the game in action... it might not mean anything... but it might mean the game has more issues than they're letting on. (Wouldn't you want to spend your advertising budget showing off the GAME instead of building a video, a video that tells us absolutely NOTHING about the merits of the game?)

[ 03-26-2002, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Old 03-26-2002, 12:51 PM   #5
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
Just a note that this is only an cg animation... not a video of gameplay (you dialup guys can save your bandwidth).
Yeah, I know. The Morrowind trailer is done "in-game," I think.

But maybe I'm just excited about the hype. I know when I saw the Lord of the Rings trailer I couldn't wait for the movie. Yes, I'm a victim of marketing, but I love it.

On other posts . . .

I know that the Arx Fatalis demo can be downloaded now and that most of the other RPG's are planning on releasing a Demo sometime in the future. I plan on downloading a few demos before making my final decision about which to buy. But I agree with earlier posts that buying all of the cool games would be overwhelming on the budget.
Old 03-26-2002, 12:53 PM   #6
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Our Father, who art in Bronze
I have to agree with you. Over the years I've found many times when I've just had too many games on my hands and have never been able to get into any of them in the depth that I'd like to.

Personally I prefer to concentrate upon just one at a time and really nail it -- for me it's all about immersion. If I'm playing more than two at the same time I just can't get into them in the same manner.