Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-24-2001, 09:51 AM   #91
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ooc: No, Kaz, just place my character there... the rest of you can continue with your sub-plots. Let's just take it my character is being treated in the temple, and they don't want outsiders hanging around. Sounds ok?
Old 10-24-2001, 09:55 AM   #92
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ok, here goes...

Kaz jerks up when she hears Mistral shout "Temple... temple of Mystra! Take me there!" She looks at her sister - Mistral is shivering, yet her forehead seems too hot. Kaz gets up - too quickly. She falls back to the bed, obviously too weak to stand. In desperation, she shouts: "Larry! Larry!" In her head she hears the demon laughing...
Old 10-24-2001, 10:41 AM   #93
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry awakes to the sound of the night gaurd beating on the door...

"Sir!
Sir Larry!
The ladies are crying for you in their chamber!
Sir!!
It is urgent!"

At that warning, Larry springs up and stretches his hand out to Nightblade, who was already on her way to his would-be awaiting hand. He flings the door open, knocking the poor guard out of the way, and runs down the hall, to thier room. Opening the door, he sees Kaz awake and crying and Mistral mumbling something about the temple and Mystra.

Calming Kaz down, Larry discovered what had transpired over the last few minutes, then understands what is being asked of him. He rushes out of the room, tells the guards to prepare the best horse drawn cart to take them to the temple above on the surface, and arranges for the maids to get them both properly clothed.

In less than 15 minutes, all is ready, and after leaving behind a message for Spree, they are soon travelling into the portal that takes them up to the city above the waves of the sea.

Once they arrive, Larry spoke with the temple custodians about the emergency. They immediately took possession of Mistral's feverish form and even offer to allow Kaz a night's rest in thier guest beds.

After dropping them off there, Larry goes out to the gardens beside the temple, back to the statue of the father and litle girl in the motions of playing.
He sits down beside the statue, and nods off to sleep.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:52 AM   #94
Kaz

Kaz falls asleep almost immediately in the Temple, too tired to do more than thank Larry. Even in her dreams, bits of the past swirl through her head... a tall human with a long white beard, wearing blue robes and looking kindly down at her... a room filled with books and a little bed in one corner... the man lying as if asleep on the floor, a dark red stain spreading on his robes... herself running through a forest, pursuers behind her...
Kaz wakes uneasily several times, whimpering.

EDIT: OOC: Hi Larry! Good late afternoon! What time is it where you live, anyway?

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 11:53 AM   #95
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...Hi Kaz...at the moment, I am on my lunch break, being 11:41 am.

Larry awakes the next morning, feeling rather refreshed. He sees that it is still rather early in he morning, and so not many people are awake except for the merchants in the city getting ready for their day.

Larry decided to go see if the temple would allow him a nice hot wash, and for the right amount of coinage, he was admitted into the temple baths. The temple custodians even had his clothing cleaned and mended for him...with a little more donation to the church funds that is.
After dressing, Larry got up and went out to the town to see if the street merchants were ready to sell their wares today. Larry was feeling like buying a little something here and there, and hoped that he would be prudent enough not to waste all of his money.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:59 AM   #96
Kaz

OOC: curling up in a corner to die... may be back in a few hours.
Old 10-24-2001, 12:47 PM   #97
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
OOC: curling up in a corner to die... may be back in a few hours.

KAAAAZ!!! You poor girl!
I am sorry you are going through so much.

To entertain you, I will tell you about my wisdom tooth stories.

#1 I had removed when I was 20yrs. old. I was so drugged up that I had to be carried to the car by the doctor, then when my mom got me home, she had to call the neighbor over to carry me to bed!

#2 In Mexico, I was ready to get the next one out. He worked on geting it out for 30 minutes,until the sedative began to wear off. I started feeling everything, and made my complaints known. He gave me more shots, but I could still feel the pain, because I had become tolerant and untreated by the drug. So, giving me something to hold onto, he put every bit of manly power into jeking that tooth outta my head. I could have died!

#3 After getting married, (2 months after), the last of the bad teeth were ready to come forth. The doctor put me completely under, into sleep...because of the seriousness of the work to be done. My wife told me later that she had caught the nurse fondling my hair and petting me after the surgery. She is a very jealous woman, so I do not know to what extent I was being petted, as she said, but she was nonetheless mad. I again was carried to the car, but when I got home, Karen could not get anyone to come help me out. So she said she coaxed me in my sleep/walking state into the house...where I promptly threw up blood on the carpet. She managed to get me to the bed, and I woke up to see her crying, after I do not know how long it had been. I mumbled to her what was wrong, and she said that I had just seemed so helpless for myself, and she did not know how to help me, and nobody would even come over and help, and cleaning the blood up just mad her feel terrible. I accidently fell back to sleep during her talk...which did not help matters...

#4 Tooth is straight and fine....so it can stay.
Old 10-24-2001, 12:58 PM   #98
Kaz

I also had a problem with the painkiller - my family seems to be resistant to painkillers. It didn't work right, so they had to get the tooth out while it still hurt. Then, halfway through, it started wearing off! In the end I almost screamed, it hurt so bad! And I have to go through this 3 more times argh...
Old 10-24-2001, 01:01 PM   #99
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Well, if you are resistant to pain killers, why do they not put you to sleep like they did me?
Surely you are not resistant to all forms of help...
Old 10-24-2001, 01:03 PM   #100
Kaz

I guess they didn't know, although I had a similiar problem having a cavity filled last year. I hope they DO put me under next time, it has to be better than that... torture!