Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-17-2001, 11:51 AM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

So who is it. Who's the best npc in game, apart from Boo
obviously. Mine's Keldorn

------------------
The hammers of justice shall prevail!
Old 05-17-2001, 12:05 PM   #2
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Aerie. Being able to cast either priest or mage spells and having the ability to turn undead, her value for the development of the game is immense, and she´s cute, too. Jaheira´s not bad, either. The funniest of all npc´s, is Jan, there can be no doubt about it. The "most annoying and boooooring NPC-Award" goes to Nalia. By the way, has anybody ever chosen Cernd to join the party?
Old 05-17-2001, 12:25 PM   #3
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Each NPC has it ups and down, his pluses and minuses. It really depends on your party. You like Keldorn, Sigmar, but I'm a Paladin, so that doesn't really help me ... Minsc was a great help to me, but was rather one sided as a tank. Yoshimo is the best NPC Thief IMHO. Aeria was good due to her versitility as was previously mentioned by debiler. Jan is good for theiving and a back up mage in my mage party, and Korgan has been a big tank help in my evil party. I get a LOT of flake for this, but I also enjoyed using Anomen. Great fighter after you do his specific quests and get him a deceit mace and armor. And his spells are pretty powerful, too, by 7th level.

Basically, they are only as good as the person playing behind them, and their place in the party. My Pick? Anomen. **BK ducks and heads for the hills**

Old 05-17-2001, 12:39 PM   #4
Sigmar
Unicorn

I'm a paladin too (cavalier) but i still find
Keldord incredibly useful Black knight. If you ever get
a chance try it and you realise the power they can weild.
Their two abilities really work well together.

------------------
The hammers of justice shall prevail!
Old 05-17-2001, 01:18 PM   #5
E`bola
Dungeon Master

Valygar with few magic items is very good in front
and Aerie as mage/cleric
Old 05-17-2001, 01:28 PM   #6
Shypaw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My favorite NPC would be Imoen, so I can't wait to get her back!! I hope she is not to messed up. Why does everyone hate Nalia so much? I think she is pretty good when teamed up with Aerie. They really are powerful together. I still will have to drop her once I find Imoen though! : )
Old 05-17-2001, 01:30 PM   #7
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Hey Black Knight, you are not alone. I suppose that Anomen is indeed a very useful char and I don´t understand why everyone hates him so much. Especially with Keldorn in your party, Anomen has some truly exciting dialogues throughout the game.
Old 05-17-2001, 01:36 PM   #8
Rikard

Edwin!!!!

------------------

-no text here, move along-

Old 05-17-2001, 01:38 PM   #9
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Shypaw:
My favorite NPC would be Imoen, so I can't wait to get her back!! I hope she is not to messed up. Why does everyone hate Nalia so much? I think she is pretty good when teamed up with Aerie. They really are powerful together. I still will have to drop her once I find Imoen though! : )
What did the game developers think when they created Nalia? Nothing, because she is exactly like Imoen, except her char history, which is - I must admit that - quite entertaining. So who needs her? The fact that Nalia CAN become a powerful mage is useless because 95% of all players who have her in their party will kick her later to get Imoen because she´s the one to rescue and will become more familiar with the party when rescued.

Old 05-17-2001, 01:50 PM   #10
ShadowUK

Edwina rules!!!!!!!!!

------------------