Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-24-2000, 12:06 AM   #1
Larr2

yes...I got it, but nothing special has happened yet...maybe it...Jaheira has been too worried about the Harpers to even think about a little hokey-pokey, and Aerie has not said anything in a while, but I heard that she does have an elapsed down-time...and not to worry.

Old 10-24-2000, 11:31 AM   #2
Tristan
Welcomed New User

Has anyone tried to apply the Romance hack (enables all 3 romances) when your main character is FEMALE? This would be interesting (wink) if it worked.... Hmmmmm....
Old 10-25-2000, 07:46 PM   #3
McDust

Where can this romance hack be downloaded?

Old 10-25-2000, 11:03 PM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I have it, and have enjoyed it so far. The relationships develope slowly based on your responses to the issues that they bring to your attention. Only Jaheira and Aerie are in my party, I havent found Viconia yet. I just started chapter 3, and the romances develope very tastefully and respectably to this point at least. As was mentioned Jahiera suddenly becomes aloof after you rescue her from at the hand of bandits, then the Harper issues begin. You actually start looking forward to her questions, responses and obvious growing fondness for you, so it's a let down when she gets quiet all of a sudden. I actually started thinking that the overide patch had crashed and the game reset to some standard default, but then she returns from her short quest and is so excited to be with you again, I knew it was okay. Aerie also shuts down on you at the same time, and she still hasn't come back around, but I read that she is supposed to do this, and that it is okay.
As far as playing as a female, the only option for romance with a female main character is with the Paladin in the Copper Coronet in the slums, I can't remember his name.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I also have a game going as a Half Orc fighter. I am also in chapter 3 in this game and neither Jaheira nor Aerie has opened up any dialogue that allows a romance to develope. I assume this is not possible due to the Half Orc's penalty to charisma.
Old 10-26-2000, 12:24 AM   #5
lordkymil

Hey i finished the game with Jaheira in my party all the way but she never got captured by bandits or whatever. I even completed the Harper quest. when and where is this bandit situation supposed to happen?

Old 10-26-2000, 04:11 PM   #6
Sir Robin ran away

Bandits!?! Where?
Ehm ... excuse me I'll have to go and ... uh ... get some reinforcements ... yeah that's it.
Cheerio.

Old 10-26-2000, 07:35 PM   #7
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, since my previous post got rather long I abbreviated the incident dramatically. You all probably had it. After I cleared out the Troll Mound in the Druid forest, I rested just outside the entrance to the mound. When we awoke we were beset by bandits, one had Jaheira from behind with a knife to her throat. he tells you to give them all your possessions or he will kill her. There's a nice list of converstation responses here, ranging from, "Here, take everything, just don't hurt her", to "go ahead, I'm not giving you all my stuff". Since I was interested in developing the romance with Jaheira, I told them to "Take me as their hostage instead". The bandits response to this was funny, he says "I see we have come to the self sacrificing portion of our little scenario", and tells his archer to "Take the shot". You get hit with a nasty arrow shot, then the fight is on, but at least Jaheira gets free. After the battle Jaheira tells you "That was a very noble thing to do"... he he,, then "You FOOL, don't you ever do something like that again, I lost Khalid to a pointless death, and I couldn't bear to lose you too!" Score 2 more points for the romance quest

You can get the overide patch by going to the Interplay sites link page, and select Baldur's Gate Dungeon. That's where I got it.