Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-02-2001, 06:36 PM   #1
show
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyone know how i can unjamm the level 12 lock in the Skull Castle. I guess i jammed it before i got the key to open it, now i have the key from adriana, and the ring both, but it's jammed the door with the dragon on it,
Is there anything good or anything required.
PLease HELP!
show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 06:45 PM   #2
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Smash it,the treasure is usually a bit of a dissapointment tho.Save before you open it to try for better stuff,and have the rattling get the items if you have one.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 07-02-2001).]
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 09:00 PM   #3
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

In my first game I used the key and got ordinary items. But in my 2nd game I broke the lock and was surprised to get 7 excellent items: a Wizard's Robe +4, Staff of Summoning, Rod of Death, Ward of Magic, 2 spell books and 1 ankh! I could hardly believe it.

Ladybug
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 12:44 AM   #4
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I never did get that lock open but then, I never finished my second playthrough, I got Baldur's Gate recently and I've been playing that. You should be able to open it though if your Locks&Traps skill is level 7 or highter with a Lv 5 Lockpick. Lockpicks can open jammed locks. Or else just try casting Disarm Trap. That should get it open. I've never seen Disarm Trap fail and it can also open jammed locks.

-Jafin

------------------

I am Jafin, arch-mage of the HADB clan!
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 06:08 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

I opened the lock with Traps&Locks 12 and without picklocks. The lock was "Moderate".
Note: You can always train Traps&Locks in the Pawn Shop at guild level 2. I recommend everybody to train this skill to 12. With Traps&Locks 12, no lock in the whole game can resist you - almost all locks will be "Easy". The lock under consideration is the most difficult lock in the game.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 09:39 AM   #6
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's a key for it, Ok I'll stop trying to bash it then til I've spoken to the vampire again.
Merack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 12:13 PM   #7
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

If it is jammed try Disarm trap Spell in the spell book of vine

------------------
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 06:50 PM   #8
show
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What level vine magic do i need to get disarm traps? Believe it or not i just finished the skull castle except for this damn lock without any character that has vine magic. I now have 3 paladians, assasin, barbarian, and samuri, which can learn vine? And will disarm do the tricj since it's jammed, i have the key but i can't use it on it.
show is offline   Reply With Quote