Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-22-2000, 11:25 AM   #1
MiffiMoppelchen

(1)What's "better": a Barbar or Samurai? Some experiences?

(2)What is the effect of the "time-scrollbar" in the options menu? Seems to have no effect! The book does not really explain its effect (maybe i'm stupid...) .

(3)I hate mantraps!

(4)How to become a zenmaster (who gives me the quest)?

(5)Which is the hardest(difficulty) place in the game (riddles/)?

Thx,
MiffiMoppelchen

Sorry, for my english, i am from germany and my english skill is not very high, so dont kick me if you dont understand what i want to know .

Old 10-22-2000, 11:47 AM   #2
T-Rex

In answering your questions:
1. I personally like the samurai better than the barbarian because the samurai is quicker in attacks and also has the ability to gain "sun" spells whereas the barbarian really only has the ability to deal out great damage every once and a while (I prefer consistency and speed over brute strength). However, I have both a samurai and a barbarian in my party.

2. No idea about the time scrollbar. I have wondered the same. I think it speeds up the days and nights (how often they change).

3. The trick to mantraps is to attack with spells from far away or missile weapons. Try using incinerate, meteorstorm, etc. on them out of their (i.e., the mantraps') range of attack.

4. Have not found how to become a Zenmaster yet.

5. I have just finished the Temple of Isis and believe that all dungeons so far are relatively difficult. I would say that the Boogre Mines are a pain in the butt because of being slowed down when transformed into a Boogre.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-25-2000, 08:16 AM   #3
scottp2000

You can be both. I'd pick the barbarian forst to get dual weapons, level him up to 11 or 12, then go for samurai. Nothing stopping you from getting multiple skills, and the first 11 levels fly by quickly.