Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Tonight I need to present my research to my class. One of the requirements is that I need to give my audience a symbolic representation of my research project. For example, one young lady researched the importance of art in society. She gave each of her audience members a rose.

What could I give my audience that symbolizes video games, Ironworks (since you are the group I surveyed), or RPG's?

Here are some ideas, but please give me more suggestions:
- a list of quotes from people's signatures
- a sample of posts showing the typical discussion
- pictures of different signatures
Old 07-30-2003, 01:27 PM   #2
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

This might be stretching it... but... how about a cute little cardboard sword coated in silver spray paint with a brown hilt and a picture of Choc on it somewhere?

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2003, 01:28 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Um.... a can o' beer ?
Old 07-30-2003, 01:30 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

PS. If you want quotes, here's a few from me:

"The Earth is a Cube! It simply lacks corners!"

"Time is an excellent teacher! Unfortunetly it kills all of its students..."

"Where better to hold armed combat than in a Wal-Mart ?"

"/me's l33t Otaku ^_^ \/\/41 !"
Old 07-30-2003, 01:36 PM   #5
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Johnny: No beer. Sorry.

Deathkiller: "Where better to hold armed combat than in a Wal-Mart ?"
Hmmm. No. I want people to think video games are positive influences. The other quotes are cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2003, 01:49 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

[img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/choc2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/choc3.gif[/img] and Kaltia.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:49 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

actually that particular quote has to do with a Manga I was working on [img]tongue.gif[/img] It has a matrix-like fight scene that takes place in a Super Wal-Mart [img]tongue.gif[/img] Why? Isles... Lots of Jars... Shock waves shattering the jars of stuff... It's pretty awesome [img]tongue.gif[/img] But yeah I can see how that would be interperated badly... alright [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2003, 01:52 PM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Maybe something to make the audience realise all kinds of people play computer games, not just the stereotypical 15-year-old pimply male "nerds". Doesn't necessarily have to be your "gift", you could simply mention it at some point. Say, you list some people's ages, occupations and nationalities to demonstrate how diverse a community we have here. Say, "a thirtysomething parrot-and-scooter-loving archaeologist from London, a Phillipine teenager studying in Sydney, a lawyer from... (?), an Australian vocalist in New York, a (semi?)professional runner from England"... ack, I cannot really think of people's exact fact-files right now, am too tired. But you get what I mean... an assembly of the most wildly different people around here...
Old 07-30-2003, 01:56 PM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

18 year old Computer Scientist from Cuba here! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2003, 03:25 PM   #10
Zero Alpha

Give them brown. yup that cirtainly symbolises ironworks to me

i like the idea of a silver spraypainted sword with a picture of choc on it tho