Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-11-2002, 03:47 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

An Aussie in the final 8 of the World Darts Championship. Considering how my good mate Donut was making great mileage out of the complete British domination of this sport, he is going to have to swallow a great deal of humble pie if the improbable happens . Just so as you know, Donut, I have pre-baked the pie, and it is currently drying out daily in the HOT Aussie sun. It will be very hard to swallow if we need it in a day or two [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] .
Old 01-11-2002, 03:57 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

everyone knows what this calls for...

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE !!!

EDIT: eek- forgot the spaces

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: SookmaCook ]

Old 01-11-2002, 07:25 AM   #3
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

of course everyone knows that Aussie is just the west island of New Zealand hehe
Old 01-11-2002, 10:54 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
An Aussie in the final 8 of the World Darts Championship. Considering how my good mate Donut was making great mileage out of the complete British domination of this sport, he is going to have to swallow a great deal of humble pie if the improbable happens . Just so as you know, Donut, I have pre-baked the pie, and it is currently drying out daily in the HOT Aussie sun. It will be very hard to swallow if we need it in a day or two [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] .

These are halcyon days for British sport. Greg Rusedski has beaten Goran Ivansisvnananavitch and is in the final of the Heineken Open in Auckland. In squash Peter Nicol became the first man since janshir Khan to win the US Open. In cricket the mighty Australians are humbled by the lowly Kiwis in the cricket and play is held up for 10 minutes because people are throwing objects on the pitch.

Happy days Davros [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-11-2002, 10:57 AM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

I've just read that there were 22 arrests and 250 people ejected - bloody cricket hooligans! They don't like losing do they?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-11-2002, 12:11 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Sigh - you start a perfectly good darts thread, because 4 days ago that's all they wanted to talk about - now the're back on the cricket. Constance thy name is Donut (NOT, LoL ). So you must let me know how our mighty champion gets on - here we go, here we go, here we go!!!!!
Old 01-11-2002, 05:23 PM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

to be fair to the aussies, the final ball didn't go anywhere near the bat as it passed to Parore's gloves
Old 01-12-2002, 01:30 AM   #8
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I saw the back cover of the local newspaper (melbourne style) this morning, which read "How did we lose?"
Considering the position Australia lost from, its probably a good question.

(Was this a cricket thread?)
Old 01-12-2002, 07:08 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

*Ducks the metaphorical bottles being thrown by Davros & sylent*

Glennis McGrath banned for one match for dissent! Youse Aussies will have to show some graciousness when beaten.

Greg Rusedski wins the NZ open.

Now, back to the darts. Aussie Tony David, a lifelong haemophiliac (it doesn't make him a bad person) has reached the semi finals of the Embassy World Championship. I feel there is something intrinsically wrong with Australians playing darts. You see the dart doesn't return to their hand when thrown they have to walk to the board and take it out. Stick to boomerangs old bean [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2002, 07:31 AM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

quote:

Hooligans, Ruffians... Speak english. It's Bloods & Crips.
What the hell is a hooligan? I picture a bunch of guys with a pennyloafers and no shirt. [singing]We are the Hooligans, knocking over trashcans.
I'd love to put a gang of hooligans against the Bloods in LA... now that would be a short gang battle.

-Bill Hicks
(typed from memory)

[img]smile.gif[/img]