Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2000, 04:48 PM   #1
Kurtz

What kind of rules and items should be added if they made a third Baldurs Gate. I think myself it could be quite a good idea if they added food at inn's that you could purchase that healed a certain amount of health(a bit like the different types of rooms) except that it doesn't heal certain effects which sleeping does(like fatigue).
An item which I can't remember where I heard but I agreed would be an excellent idea is adding a quiver. This could store a certain number of arrows at a certain weight(like a gem bag or scroll case).
Another great idea if they could design correct rules would be adding mounts like horses, or even better dragons!

Old 11-24-2000, 05:09 PM   #2
GideonRaine

Yeah I like the ideas you got there, especially the horses/mounts etc. that would make travelling times a lot easier, which could also then allow them to make the map even bigger!!
the food would be cool cuz it would make it more 'realisic'. In a sense the characters already have a quiver, the 3 slots for your arrows, which allows you to have up to 120 arrows of 3 different types there so thats already taken care of pretty much. other than that, those are good ideas.

Old 11-24-2000, 06:09 PM   #3
Archmagi Wah

I hope the new rules allows mages to cast spells of any level - not like bg1 where you can't cast 5th and bg2 where 9th level ones are barred too.

Old 11-24-2000, 06:38 PM   #4
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

I think the Mage spell teleport w/o error and/or flying spells should be available for instant travel around the world(to places where youve already been). Also there is a magic item - The Quiver of Elohna that lets you carry a butt-load of missle weapons. this item would be cool and free up Inventory slots. Finally, where are the giants??? I mean please My dwarven Hammer grand-master craves cleaving a fire giant with his magic hammer!!!
Old 11-24-2000, 08:11 PM   #5
Archmagi Wah

You know those items that are named after people? Well I hope that there is some way in bg3 to fight some of these people. Like Vecna the powerful lich, or melf (creator of acid arrows), Abi Dalzim or maybe even that powerful mage that's even more vicious than elminster............can't remember his name though. One thing I hope for is taht BG3 should be REALLY BIG so that you can travel across dimensions!!

Old 11-24-2000, 08:58 PM   #6
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

I also think that the Artificial intelligence should be, well more-Intelligent. I want to see more tatical retreats to protect spell casters, targeting of spellcasters with missle weapons, Ect.

Dragons should be able to fly away to fight another day and only a lucky adventurer who corners,quivering palms, imprisons or whatever to actually kill it gets the massive exp.
(Imagine having to fight Firkagg 4 or 5 tmes before actually making the kill...)

Plus more areas with random encounters to build levels, practice and earn realistic gold. My fighter character wont sell any magic weapon so he can arm his growing army in the Keep.That has kept me Strapped as he also wants to by every magic weapon available.

And the Item I'd love to see most is the Deck of Many Things. 52 standard playing cards. half are benifical to a character, the other half aren't. The face cards are either really, really good or really, really bad. Draw 1-3 per character and walla!
All your stats could could go up one on your fighter, while your mage has forver lost his soul and is imprisoned forever. Meanwhile your cleric has switched sex, and your thief, well its your lucky day, 50,0OO g.p. has been added to your inventory. As much as it would throw game balance away , the deck of many things would be fun. Consult the ad&d dungeon masters guide for complete details.
Old 11-25-2000, 06:35 AM   #7
Kurtz

I agree with you omegadawn. Goodness knows how many times I've lost my weaker party members due to their AI especially down multiple corridors where they put one corridor a dead end and fill it to the brim with traps so one person decides to take a different route and ends up blowing themselves up.

Old 11-25-2000, 06:38 AM   #8
Kurtz

I agree with you omegadawn. Goodness knows how many times I've lost my weaker party members due to their AI especially down multiple corridors where they put one corridor a dead end and fill it to the brim with traps so one person decides to take a different route and ends up blowing themselves up.
An amendment which I think they should do is I hate it how it keeps on centering and pausing on a character who is currently having a conversation in a multiplayer game.

Old 11-25-2000, 06:46 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'd like a more dynamic game world, with more evidence of the passing of time (seasons for example) as well as the garden variety NPCs maybe having a little automated script based on their daily routines eg Morning standing outside house, afternoon (inside house?), evening at the pub. And a bit more variety in their scripts perhaps, and it would help if they didn't automatically know about things you just completed 5 mins ago. An option for you to be the ones to break the news to them would be nice (bragging rights). And if a period of time (eg 1-2 months) has passed then obviously your actions would be yesterday's news and the NPC script should reflect that.

These are just little things that make for a more immersed gaming environment.
Old 11-25-2000, 07:06 AM   #10
Armisael

Good suggestions there. I'd like to see more (realistic) character interaction, along with more sidequests - the sort you get off someone you don't really care for and do just for the money. They're my favourites. I'm not much for charity work. Slower levelling up, perhaps greater rewards for each level, more involved strongholds, and definitely less of a need to follow the linear aspect of the game. And lastly, more enchanted equipment - I'd very much like to see magical swords that are just that; swords. No long history of slaying dragons, being handed down from generation to generation, used to overthrow a usurper, etc. I prefer the idea of using a weapon I can build my own background with.