Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 01:01 PM   #1
Mierkos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there a key word to get the leprechaun to talk to you? I know you dont have to kill him. Even though killing annoying NPCs is a great way to vent frustration and get experience points.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You don't need to talk to him really either - just find his treasure. He will be more talkative when you do find his treasure.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

And just so that you do not have to go mad trying to find his treasure in the nearest vicinity - you have to go through Anephas' Shrine to get it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2005, 10:46 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've never had much of a conversation with him that went beyond "Troo loo!" and "So you want to get your hands on me gold, eh?"

I don't know that he has any proper conversation logic built in.

Oh, and bsftcs just saved you a bunch of grief. The treasure you get from him is not what's needed for the guild quest...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I've never had much of a conversation with him that went beyond "Troo loo!" and "So you want to get your hands on me gold, eh?"

I don't know that he has any proper conversation logic built in.

Oh, and bsftcs just saved you a bunch of grief. The treasure you get from him is not what's needed for the guild quest...
Yep - that's about the extent of his conversation - nothing important to tell you at all but at least when you find his treasure he does stop for a moment!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
And "you can't catch me!"
However, kill him regardless. The annoying sucker is worth a ton of XP (something like 62,000 or so IIRC).

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:46 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

420 000 XP, not 62 000. That's why my conversation with him is always the same: one Lightning first (so that you get rid of the ctrl nuissance) and then "Dark Dawn" and "Job's News" [img]graemlins/tombstone.gif[/img] Attack from behind, this will prevent the sucker to Vanish you.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Is that 420,000 for a party of one? 'Cause 62,000 is pretty close to one-sixth of that... allowing for elf bonuses.

In any case, you've got me intrigued, Radek... Dark Dawn and Job's News? Pray tell, what names might mere mortals recognize those spells as?

Incinerate is my favorite spell for him...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:02 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Is that 420,000 for a party of one? 'Cause 62,000 is pretty close to one-sixth of that... allowing for elf bonuses.

In any case, you've got me intrigued, Radek... Dark Dawn and Job's News? Pray tell, what names might mere mortals recognize those spells as?

Incinerate is my favorite spell for him...
I meant per party member in a party of 6. Doing the math, 1/6 of 420,000 is 70,000 xp, so I guess it was something around there.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 05:11 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

420 000 is for a solo elf. Therefore, 62 000 per a non-elf of a party of six matches the value above.

"Dark Dawn" and "Job's News" are weapons. "Dark Dawn" is a dagger, which inflicts 20-74 points of damage and, moreover, it casts Sleep. "Job's News" is a main gauche, which is a bit worse but it is still a usable weapon. We also have "Sting", which is better than Job's News and, moreover, it is poisonous and death striking but only some characters can use it
When a monster sees these weapons then it can guess what will follow. And it will be correct with its guessing. In the other words, the weapons are self-explaining

Back to Leprechaun. In my current experience, you'd better attack the sucker with well enchanted melee weapons. Get rid of the ctrl nuisance somehow and then attack with weapons from behind. Make sure you are attacking from behind all the time, this will prevent the sucker to teleport you away. Well, the sucker can still teleport himself away. You can prevent it if you are enough fast with your weapons.