Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-06-2001, 03:27 PM   #11
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I can relate to that. I was NEVER able to use Vanish to my advantage. Now, it ranks as a very low priority in my characters spell to acquire list (just below shadow for Moon).

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 03:36 PM   #12
Fallagar
Dungeon Master

Traute, please remember to the German explanation for Vanish. I think, there's the reason why for your problem you've had.

Vanish (Verschwinden): Hierdurch wird das Ziel zu einem willkürlich gewählten Ort in der Nähe teleportiert. Dieser Zauberspruch ist nützlich, wenn man ein Monster zeitweilig von der Party wegschaffen oder die Party aus einer kritischen Situation befreien möchte.

Fallagar
Fallagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 05:08 PM   #13
Traute
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Fallagar:
Traute, please remember to the German explanation for Vanish. I think, there's the reason why for your problem you've had.

Vanish (Verschwinden): Hierdurch wird das Ziel zu einem willkürlich gewählten Ort in der Nähe teleportiert. Dieser Zauberspruch ist nützlich, wenn man ein Monster zeitweilig von der Party wegschaffen oder die Party aus einer kritischen Situation befreien möchte.

Fallagar
I do remember. I vanished Adrianna for a lark just this morning, I think she should have asked for that and not for that stupid scroll. Reloaded the game, of course, and killed her.
But if I use the spell at all, and I don't use it too often, as I hardly ever got in a dangerous situation after my very first game - this is my tenth - I use it exactly in the way Bear suggested in another thread: trying to get to a place I couldn't get to at that particular moment. F.I. I managed to get to the Doshi Gin area before ever visiting the Boogre Prison, and got my single char from my last game out of the hole under the crab cage in Collasium where he was stuck as he was too tall.
Bear suggested it was possible to finish the game doing only two dungeons - the Shrine of Anephas not being one of them - and using Vanish to get to the final area.
I got bored re-casting the spell inching along between Talrik's Cove and the Shrine of Anephas, and decided to move on and do it the normal way, which is tree-surfing to get the Treant Seeds in order to get the last quest from the Wizard's Guild.

Traute

Traute is offline   Reply With Quote