Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2003, 10:56 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Now that I found a W&W editor on the Ironworks W&W site, I'm going to create a peasant party for those who are interested.

What's a peasant party? A group of truly pathetic characters. They will start out with nothing -- no skills, no abilities, no money, no weapons, no nothing. You'll get those things as you level up, but nothing to start with.

So... what should be in there? I'm looking for suggestions on classes and races.

Give me your thoughts, and I'll put it together.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 11:32 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

Well that's not an easy question really. Gosh, I would suggest that you try different party combinations out just to see how they do work in the W&W world. I presume that you don't want to create a party that hasn't a chance in heck to succeed, just one that has some extreme handicaps for the start. I'm just not certain how extreme those handicaps can be before the party is really useless and unplayable.

Races such as pixies have obvious limitations which can make things more difficult. Classes such as rogues have no guild to join in the first town. I'm not saying anything you don't already know.

I'm looking forward to hearing your reports on the Peasant Party! A very interesting variation!

Wyv
Old 09-12-2003, 02:13 PM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Should peasants even be allowed to join guilds? What respectable guilds would have peasants as members?

I would avoid using pixies since their dodge trait is a huge advantage early in the game. And I don't think you should remove race specific traits, don't know if you plan to.

Are there any pitch forks in the game? Are you going to use weapon restrictions? After all who has heard of a peasant with a sword? A small axe should of course be acceptable as would knives I guess...
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 02:51 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've been debating whether to give them any weapons to start, Willow. I may have to, or else it might be impossible. And I wouldn't remove race-specific traits, or anything class specific.

I'll keep that in mind about the faeries, though. Perhaps I'll get a game up tonight.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 03:55 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

This editor of yours... where can it be found, and what does it do?

Oh, and... how about a party whose members all start out insane?
Old 09-12-2003, 08:16 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Try here : http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/wiza...ownloads.shtml

for the editor and other stuffes!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 01:10 AM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

I say you must put pain to the test.
The only 3 you should use are the hardest to equip, the weakest, and smallest.

1. oomphaz
2. ratlin
3. pixie

This would surly have you pulling some hair out before too long. Willow, the last game I ran was a single pixie, and it was no cake walk in the begining. And it got worse towards the middle when you can find really good stuff, however when you don't have the strength to carry it you must do a lot of teleportal travel, or leave it.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:22 AM   #8
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Should peasants even be allowed to join guilds? What respectable guilds would have peasants as members?
Willow's got a point. It sounds very interesting, Bungleau. I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun (or....stress....). Keep us in the loop, mmm?

Can't wait to hear about the results

Moiraine Sedai